Ratings for Dr. Marco A. Chavez

Dr Chavez treated me as an equal--which is unique for a psychiatrist. He is willing to continue learning and exploring new options, research and treatments. He is willing to listen and asks thoughtful questions. He is always on time. Once he was 5 minutes late and apologized profusely. He allowed me to explore using EMPOWERPLUS micronutrients to treat my schizoaffective disorder. He'd never heard of it, but he willingly reviewed the 28 clinical studies in an annotated bibliography and helped me weigh the pros and cons. I would have stayed with him forever if my insurance hadn't changed. Because of his willingness to try the micronutrients, I started them more than a year ago and am now completely off meds and stable for the first time in 18 years. Thank you Dr. CHAVEZ!!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

I travel 35 minutes from Alpine to come see him, and its well worth it. He really makes you feel comfortable and explains things very clearly. He is on his way to being one of the best psychiatrists in San Diego.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

He is a very compassionate doctor, and does not rush. He goes above and beyond for his patients. His office has a very calming feeling and he listens very carefully, I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Dr. Chavez is an excellent assessor of my needs. He's attentive and knows in advance what directive to take. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for one of the best Psychiatrists in San Diego. I actually followed him when he moved his practice.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Very sourceful & attentive. I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2012