Kevin B. Shoemake

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Kevin B. Shoemake

He takes the time to explain everything and works with you to develop a plan to heal your body.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

I was diagnosed over 15 years ago with a degenerative disc in my neck vertebrate and I was prescribed traction to alleviate the pain. I had periodic numbness in my left arm and had difficulty sleeping due to the pain. After traction I tried chiropractic and that did help however I had to keep going for regular maintenance and the results were modest to good. I recently decided to try Acupuncture and located a clinic and tried it. It did provide some relief however the Clinic was far from my home and I felt like a "widget" as I was processed through their "system" and it was quite prolonged. I then researched and found a closer to home Acupuncturist, Kevin with Alternative Medicine and I am so thankful I found him. I am now pain free and I only go 1 or maybe 2 times a month. I am pain free and I actually am in a structured exercise program. Kevin took the time to get to know ME and my needs, he customized a plan to treat my individual needs and never bothered checking his watch to see if he spent too much time with me. Kevin is extremely knowledgable and has assisted me with supplements, diet and an overall health plan that has changed my life. I would highly recommend Kevin as a caring, expert in Acupuncture and overall wellness. See him today!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I started seeing Kevin several months ago for a sore knee. I need a knee replacement, but am just not ready to make the leap. Kevin told me I would eventually need a knee replacement, which I knew, however, he felt he could help me put that off for a bit and help my pain. Kevin takes the time to listen to what your health problems are and figures out the best way to help you and offers advice on how to help yourself. I walked into his office with a cane and could hardly bend my knee. I am now walking without a cane and this week, even ran down the hallway at work! Along with a few supplements that Kevin recommended, exercise and acupuncture, I feel really good again. If I could give Kevin 10 stars, I would! He is the best! Sue Bartolotta

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

In August of 2013 I began having pain in my left hip. It got progressively worse and spread down my leg and into my foot. It moved around from day to day and even went into my right leg. Some days when I got up the pain on the top of my feet was so bad I could hardly walk, but that, too, would move around and come and go. My PCP took exrays to make sure the hip was ok, and then sent me to a specialist, who sent me to another one...and on and on. Over the course of about 6 months I went to 6 specialists and had many xrays and MRIs, but no one seemed to be able to diagnose what the problem was. I was given anti-inflamatories and pain killers, but they did nothing but mask the problem temporarily. I was in pain every day, just sometimes worse than others, and was really frustrated. Finally, my daughter suggested that I try Kevin for acupuncture. During the first visit, Kevin told me what he suspected was wrong, and proceeded to treat me for that problem. In 5 treatments, the pain was almost completely gone. He has given me stretching exercises to do at home, also, and these have helped. He is professional, compassionate and extremely good at what he does. Thank you, Kevin!!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

I began to have issues with my shoulder after a sports related injury. In 2006, I decided to get orthopedic surgery to correct the muscle injury. The recovery was long and stressful. I would feel the surgery did correct the torn muscle, but not the limitations. After the surgery I went to physical therapy for 1 year to get the range of motion back. I did still feel the pain and was not able to do some tasks. Some tasks would be throwing balls, shoveling and lifting (over 50lbs.). On a daily basis I suffered with a pain of 7 out of 10. I was looking for something to relieve pain. I met Kevin and he explained to me that Chinese Medicine would help out with my issues. I started seeing Kevin in February, and in the first treatment I noticed immediate pain relief to a 2 out of 10. Kevin explained that healing and full relief will take some time. I continued to see Kevin and my pain and stiffness went away. I now have a full range of motion with my shoulder and no pain. I became more active and was able to lift objects over 50lbs. Kevin explained to me just because I am feeling better, I still must caution myself and pay attention to what my body is telling me. I feel that in seeing Kevin it has allowed me to act and feel like I am 22. I continually see Kevin once a week for minor adjustment to other areas needing tune-ups. I feel the atmosphere and Kevin’s generous being keep me coming back. I look forward every week to seeing Kevin. I feel that without Kevin I would still be in pain and stiffness daily. I thank Kevin for everything and would recommend this to anyone with pain or stiffness.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

I received a gift certificate for an acupuncture treatment from Kevin. I have been suffering from pain in my upper back and shoulder for at least months. I see a chiropractor and receive massages which helped to a point but thought I would give acupuncture a try. Kevin took the time listen to all my concerns and develop a treatment plan. I have received five treatments and feel like I am 100 percent improved.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

The one on one attention and genuine compassion that Kevin gives to his patients is immeasurable. He takes the time understand your health and works with you to come up with a plan to treat the issue. Kevin has treated me for sport-related injuries and anxiety. I can't thank him enough.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2014

I have MS. Kevin keeps me moving. All the docs kept giving me drugs that gave me all kinds of problems. He may not be able to cure me, but he keeps me moving and alleviates a lot of my symptoms when they randomly pop up!!! Thank you can never be said enough!!!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Kevin has helped me get my health back on track. My doctor was amazed at the results of my recent blood test. I'm feeling better every day thanks to the work Kevin is doing!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

As a Christmas/Birthday present for my husband, I gave him a gift certificate to see Kevin for hubby's long standing (25 years or so)adult-onset sinus problems. Little did I know that I, too would benefit from this gift. Not only after a few treatments did hubby's sinus issues greatly improve, (90% better!) but the nightly bombardment I'd been enduring from the 'freight train' sleeping next to me has finally ceased!! Not only is he sleeping better but so am I!! Who knew such a simple, non pharmaceutical answer to decibel shattering snoring was available? If only I'd known about this 25 years ago!!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014