Dr. Gundu A. Reddy (Office Visits & Telepsychiatry)

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Gundu A. Reddy (Office Visits & Telepsychiatry)

Dr Reddy is exceptionally smart and talented. I learnt more abou thow to manage my ADD in one vist with her than I did from three years of seeing my old psychiatrist who just refilled my adderall prescriptions ( wrong dose and formulation ). I have been seeig her for three months, am doing better at work, and everyone is noticing, and my day to day life is easier. I can't thank her enough. She has also given me the tools to manage on my own, and doesn't lock you into lifetime weekly visits, unlike some others. She reduced the freuency of my visits once I started feeling better, and I only see her once a month now. As well as teaching me to manage symptoms she also helped me to understand the benefits of ADD, how my brain works differently, and how I can utilize these differences, by focusing my energy towards areas where I can excel, and delegating tasks I am not good at. I used to be embarassed about having ADD, and never beleived it could be a blessing and not a curse. I really love this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2019

Excellent doctor ! Dr Reddy listened, spent time and really understood the situation. She explained my medications carefully. I felt really safe in her hands.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2019

I used to shout and curse and threaten Dr Reddy all the time , when I first started treatment , because I didn't want to accept my diagnosis , and would frequently stop meds. It was my way of asking for help. She never got upset and always stuck by me no matter what. I am very grateful to have her as a doctor.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2019

Dr Reddy treated both me and my brother on separate episodes. I really was overwhelmed by her kindness and professionalism. She saw me twice weekly, at a discounted rate and didn't charge for phone calls. As a result I was able to be treated at home and did not have to go to the hospital and am now back at work. The lady who wrote the last review appears to be having a manic episode and sounds like she needs to be in the hospital herself. She is obviously paranoid and delusional . I am shocked at her vindictiveness. I would like to recommend Dr Reddy highly. You will not find a kinder, more honest, intelligent, sincere or better doctor in new York . She is also the first person who balanced my medication correctly. I cannot recommend her highly enough and neither can my family. Her rates are also extremely reasonable for the quality of service that she provides.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2019

Dr Reddy is a wonderful psychiatrist. She is very smart and insightful, and really cares. She has made a real difference to my life, fixed my medication, and has made my current situation seem more bearable. I would recommend her highly. !

flag | Submitted January 16, 2019

Dr Reddy helped me through a really difficult divorce. I was on the verge of suicide, and because of her I was able to turn things around. I am forever grateful .

flag | Submitted January 12, 2019

I love Dr Reddy ! She is a really sweet person and super smart. I learn something every time I speak to her .

flag | Submitted December 22, 2018

Dr Reddy is really sweet. She adjusted my medications and made me feel a lot better about my diagnosis. As well as feeling better I feel a lot more hopeful about the future. I am very helpful to her and her team.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2018

I saw Dr Reddy for three visits . She changed my medication and I already feel better. I'm following up with my PCP , but after seeing over ten psychiatrists I have finally found the right one. Her fees are also very reasonable for the service she provides.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2018

Dr Reddy is very gentle but firm and her comments are spot on. I am continuously amazed by the acuity of her interperetations and the speed at which she is able to grasp any situation. She challenges you without crossing professional boundaries and is always respectful. I also feel that her emapathy is genuine and comes from within. I have trained as a therapist myself, so I understand her value. Seeing her Dr Reddy really has changed my life , the way I interperet and handle situations. Most importantly she has changed the way I feel myself in so many positive ways.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2018

Dr. Gundu A. Reddy (Office Visits & Telepsychiatry)'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Gundu Reddy is a Board Certified Psychiatrist. She practices both traditional and online psychiatry. She has trained at the United Medical and Dental Schools of Guys, Kings and St Thomas', Mount Sinai School of Medicine, and The NYU Psychoanalytic Institute. She has conducted research in HIV psychiatry and PTSD. Dr. Reddy practices both medication management and psychotherapy. Therapy modalities include Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, supportive psychotherapy, marital and family therapy. Dr. Reddy 's care conducts visits both in the office and via Telepsychiatry or ( video conferencing psychiatry ). Dr. Reddy's care philosophy includes screening for endocrine, nutritional, external and psychodynamic factors or internal conflict which may exacerbate symptoms. Dr. Reddy believes that a combination of medication and therapy works better than medication alone. Dr. Reddy has a special interest in psychopharmacology and treatment resistance. Dr. Reddy states that appropriate medication titration involves working to maximize symptoms while reducing side effects. Dr. Reddy is dedicated to her patients and insists on careful medication titration. Dr. Reddy believes that it is not a small decision to take psychiatric medication, and although beneficial and often necessary to improve quality of life, the medication should always be prescribed with care.

• English

• Cognitive behavioral therapy
  • Family therapy
  • Marital Therapy
  • Psychiatric Medication Management
  • Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
  • Adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
  • Anxiety
  • Schizophrenia
  • Eating disorders
  • Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
  • Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children
  • Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
  • Bipolar disorder
  • Atypical depression
  • Obesity
  • Childhood obesity
  • Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Adjustment disorders
  • Panic attacks and panic disorder
  • Social anxiety disorder (social phobia)
  • Menopause