Ratings for Dr. Teresa Varanka

She is very easy to talk to, and very compassionate. Her understanding of medicine is exceptional.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2011

Dr Varanka is such a blessing to her patients. She has been the only psychiatrist that has been able to properly medicate my bipolar and still allow me to function on the medication. Many times have I came to her my moods up and down and she is so kind and non-judgemental. She actually cares about me and has such a kind heart. I owe my life to her as she has prevented suicide. I recommend her totally.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2010

Had I not found Varanka, and had she not suggested getting me on Lamictal for my Bipolar/Depression/Dissociation, then I would have killed myself shortly after New Years. I am not 100% cured, but I am at a point now in my life that I can drive and car and attend school. I'm very happy with the results. As well, because of this drug, Varanka has helped me get entirely off of the dreaded Lexapro, that I have been biologically addicted to for two years, the withdraws are still bad, but without Lami, I wouldn't survive. She listens, she's helpful, knows what she is talking about, and has a cool accent.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

I have been to several doctors. Dr. Varanka has been the BEST doctor I have ever had. That's why I have stayed with her for so many years. She is the only doctor who has been able to find the right medication/treatment for my depression/anxiety. Dr. Varanka is a very kind and caring person. She takes time to listen to you. She will always talk WITH you and never to you. If you should ever have any questions, she is more than willing to answer them completely. You can go to her with absolutely anything without fear of shame or embarassment. I absolutely can not say enough great things about her. More physicians need to be more like her. She is an absolutely wonderful human being. I don't think anyone would ever regret seeing her.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2010

Dr. Varanka is caring, helpful, wildly intelligent, and invested in her patients. I believe she saved my teen bipolar son's life. I owe her a great debt.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2007

Very knowledgable. Empathetic, articulate, sincere. Other Dr(s) have nothing but great things to say about her. I go through great lengths to ensure I am under her care. She has been one of the best in the area.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2007

Lacks ability to listen and assist patient.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2006

Dr. Teresa Varanka's Credentials

• Akademia Med Wroclaw, Warszawa, Poland (Grad. 1976)

Multiplan

Updates

• City changed from "LEAWOOD" to "Lenexa"

October 3, 2013