Ratings for Dr. William J. GAY

Dr. William Jerome G. also comes to a Suboxone clinic in Hazard. He only keeps you on a helpful dose for a few months and then tells you he has to follow DEA regulations and lowers you down twice only within month's. All patients know that Dr. Burnette who owns these clinics keeps his patients on 3 dosages per day for years and he also knows more about addiction and is much more understanding. I know it is up to a patient when its time to taper down because of the psychological effects are the main problem when it comes to addiction. It takes YEARS, not a few months, to get your head back and for the cravings to go away.. I feel as well as all of the other patients that go to the clinic in Hazard that Dr. W. J. G. needs to "learn" more about the psychological effects of addiction, not just the physical effects and the way he does it I only see people rebounding back to drugs since he tapers everyone down much too quickly.. Gotta find a more understanding Dr. I tried submitting my review and received a message to not use the word "g_y" in my review so going to try and resubmit and call him Dr. William Jerome G

Submitted June 2, 2015

Dr. Gay is a very compassionate Dr. He is not only caring but very knowledgeable and has a very good personality. My husband and have both switched to him. So glad he came to our community.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Great doctor, smart and very caring!!! The best doctor in southeast Ky for sure

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

The most kind and professional doctor that has ever treated me. Spent more time with me than any other doctor. Showed a genuine interest in seeing that my health needs are met. I recommend him above any other doctor in this area.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

Went to the doctor out of necessity, and was charged $200.00, just to walk in the door. Utterly ridiculous to abuse a patient who does not have health insurance this way. Normal doctors offices prorate services for people who are willing to pay cash up front. I will never be back, simply because I can not afford it.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

The staff were professional, caring and efficient.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

Dr. Gay is a compassionate, caring doctor that really works well with his patients. I am so glad that I am now his patient!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

Takes his time with you, start are great, So glad I changed doctors

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

Dr. Gay is very compassionate and a very knowledgeable doctor. Proud to have him as my family doctor.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

Dr. William J. GAY's Credentials

• Pikeville College School Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2009)