Ratings for Dr. Amin J. Barakat

I took now my 8-month old son to see Dr. Barakat in January or February 2013 (I can't recall the exact date). My son had croup in early January and had continued to have severe nasal congestion. I had been told that I should take my son back to the doctor if his congestion lasted longer than 3 weeks following his croup treatment. It had been more than 3 weeks by the time we saw Dr. Barakat. Dr. Barakat had an extremely arrogant attitude and would not even let me explain my son's symptoms. He cut me off and told me my son looked fine and I just needed to use a vaporizer! Several subsequent visits to other doctors at the practice, but due primarily to my own research and persistence, showed that my son had SEVERE sinusitis caused by the bacterium moraxella catarrahalis. The misdiagnosis and mistreatment he received for 2 MONTHS almost resulted in pneumonia. In addition, Dr. Barakat's nurse, Rahel, is also rude and arrogant - she questioned if I was sure that my son really ever had croup!!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

Best doctor ever. He has been my daughter's doctor since she was 2. She is now a young teen. His knowledge, sensitivity, and ability to follow through on a concern have been invaluable for her positive development. I would recommend him to anyone in need of an excellent pediatrician.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2011

We (my 13 and 16 year olds) have been his patients for nearly 16yrs. I reiterate the comments above. Would add that he is interested in and available to talk with parents and their children about any and all health concerns, including emotional issues. He is also a very well regarded resource in terms of being able to advise you towards specialists your child may need. Those doctors that you may contact with his reference are usually among the best practitioners in their respective fields, and try to accommodate your child's needs. Dr. Barakat is simply the gold standard!! We adore him.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

Always extremely helpful and knowledgeable, sympathetic to kids ailments. Will see sick kids at the drop of a hat. Can't say enough good things.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

He really listens to what I'm saying about my kids and cares deeply about providing excellent care. He always affirms me as a parent, encourages questions and is just amazing. The whole practice is outstanding!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2008

Dr. Amin J. Barakat's Credentials

• American Univ Of Beirut, Fac Of Med, Beirut, Lebanon (Grad. 1967)