Ratings for Dr. Sonia Butterworth

Very kind! Had a VATs surgery last year,everything went well. If I had pain after surgery and after being discharged was very punctual in giving me a time for checkup

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

She has great bedside manner and is, in addition to being a highly competent doctor very beautiful. My son was exceptionally well behaved for her, I suspect it was the way she spoke and looked.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

Dr. Butterworth did a great job on my son into thousand 13 he is now doing well gaining weight doing everything he supposed be doing she did a wonderful job on his on surgery I just want to think Dr. Butterworth for everything she has done for our family and for those who like to make bad comments about this doctor you're not going to always like everyone but they do as best as they can do they are human beings and her manners and her staff are great they care about the children as much as we care about our children

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

Very patient and pleasant. She answered all of our questions to our satisfaction. Assessed our son who was scheduled for surgery, but ensured that an urgent care spot was booked for him due to the severity of the situation that another surgeon had missed. She was able to book an OR a few days later and my son is doing so much better! Great bedside manner and very efficient. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Bedside manner: great. Attending to patient: questionable. An emergency bowel surgery was scheduled more then 27hrs. after admission to ER resulting in resection of part of the bowel. The child was in great distress. Follow up: questionable. Does not appear to fully explain procedures, adds additional at the last moment, i.e. urologist to put in temporary stents, and appears to minimize possible side-effects. Info. to family on discharge appears insufficient. A drawing was given upon request to show the extent of the bowel resection; it appeared to show the complete colon while at least 20% was resected, a confirming statement to the latter was asked and included. Infections: There was a 40% chance of infection, as explained, however she did not leave a drain in the wound to monitor drainage, leading to a large incisional infection discovery at 6 days post-op. She appears slow in referring to other specialists, i.e. GI and dietician. I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

She is an amazing Surgeon and amazing person all around, she has great bedside manor. My son loves her & I have had the pleasure of dealing with her for the past 3 1/2 yrs & having her be my sons main surgeon for many more to come..

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

Dr.Butterworth is good dealing with children. She made my son (7 years old)and us, felt confident and relax before his surgery (appendectomy). We got out of the hospital the next day, his wound is healing well,there's no complication. After a week of his surgery, he is back to his regular routine. Thanks Dr. Butterworth!My son loves your superhero bandages you put on his tummy.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

Dr.Butterworth was wonderful doctor. She did a great job on our daughter's surgery.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

I would not recommend this surgeon. Four of the five children I know she operated on had serious infections after her surgery. Difficult to get her to attend the bedside. I had to make serveral requests to have her follow up on her patient. When she did attend however, she did advocate, but again this was not consistent.

Submitted April 17, 2011