Ratings for Dr. Simon Colgan

The staff of Highland family practice always have a smile and are polite and helpful as required. My 9 year old son has seen Dr Colgan a few times for various reasons. He always speaks directly to my son and always tells him what he is going to do (look in ears, throat, etc) and treats him with kindness and respect. He is knowledgeable and takes the time to print out literature on the condition that was diagnosed. I am very pleased with his care and would highly recommend him to families with young children.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013

Dr.colgan has been our doctor since he came to the valley. He is easy to talk with and is never afraid to admit he isn't sure of something so he will investigate or ref to a specialist. We are going to miss him this year but hope he will come back to highland family practice as this family does not want to lose our best family doctor we have ever had.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2013

Seems pleasant & knowledgeable enough. Very "no nonsense" & focused. No time for idle chatter, which is understandable. No hesitation for a referral to a specialist if required. I've been to many much worse doctors. I have no problem with him as my famiy doctor, and would recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

I find he listens but not actively, he walks in the room and goes straight to the computer, barely looks at you, no hands on. Quickly writes up some referrals without any investigation himself. I feel like I am an annoyance even though I have only visited his office 3 times in a year.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Colgan for a couple of years. He is by far the most punctual Dr you can find and is knowledgeable. Very easy to talk to and he cares about his patients. Happy to have him as my doctor. He is not the doc who thinks he can do everything and makes referrals when need be and this is great.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2013

Dr. Colgan is an excellent family physician: good manner, attentive, and diligent in his follow-ups. He has shown a great willingness to make referrals to requested specialists. Everything a family physician should be.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

Best doctor for my family. I couldn't be more impressesd. Non judgemental. Eager to help me quit smoking without treating me as if I wasn't worth it cause I smoke. Makes one really want to quit when a doctor doesn't have the oh you smoke so everything is because of that and I won't help you attitude. Also first !!!! I repeat first doc out of. 12 prior that have been able to look in my sons ears without making him scream. Seemed to have as much concern as me about my sons ear health(a lot of issues) really wanted to keep on top of it and seen the importance. He is awsome with my kids. And great and informative with me. Didn't feel rushed or like I was a nuisance for being worried about my 2 month old daughter having a cold. I can't say how happy I am to have found such a great doctor =D so rare

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012

I highly recommend this physician! He is caring, accurate, and great with my kids. We are lucky to have him in the Valley.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

Dr. Colgan has been our family Doctor through a difficult health issue. We found him to address the problem head on, he was very active in advocating for me and getting the necessary referrals. He has a great personality and has always been very respectful. On occasion he has been rushed during an appointment when coming in for more minor issues. We're lucky to have him in the Comox Valley.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2012

Dr Colgan is by far the best family doctor we have ever dealt with. Since we've moved to Comox area, he's been nothing but helpfull and it's never an issue to get in to see him. He is absolutely wonderful with our kids.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012