Ratings for Dr. Trevor Schuler

I had a cystoscopy done last week and was very pleased with Dr. Schuler and his staff. He was quick yet thorough and took the time to answer all my questions. His receptionist Megan was also very helpful

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Dr. Shuler has been my urologist now for almost 4 years. I have had many visits to his office as well as surgery 3 times and lithotripsy once all for kidney stones. He is a fantastic doctor. He really takes the time to explain everything to make sure you understand. He is very nice and easy to talk to

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

The five star reviews are fake. He is a terrible Dr. and person.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

Dr. Schuler is an exceptional urologist. No problems since my surgery...I would highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2014

I don’t understand why Dr. Trevor Schuler decided I did not need to be paid while on STD. I had my operation on Oct 29th, prior to going in for my operation I went to his office to drop off the Initial Attending Physician’s Statement Form he needed to fill out, sign and fax over to Desjardins Insurance. Jennifer, Dr. Schuler’s assistance guaranteed me he would fill it in the day of the operation and she would fax it. I believed her. This did not happen, I followed up with Jennifer on Friday, Nov 7, and again she stated this had or would be done. Today is Dec 15th, Dr. Schuler and Jennifer both have decided this is not a task they are going to fulfill. Last week even Desjardins tried to help in the process, they faxed a request, plus a copy of the form to be filled out to Jennifer and Dr. Schuler last Monday (Dec 8, 2014). No response from either as of Monday Dec 15, 2014, Due to complications caused I am still off work, therefore have not received a pay cheque since Oct. As per Desjardins I will not receive any money all because Dr. Schuler and Jennifer decided for me as a single person I did not need an income to pay my expenses. It’s a simple request form; all he has to do is confirm I had the surgeries on said dates. Yes I phone his office on a regular basis but all you get is the message and yes I have gone to his office.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

I have had Doctor Schuler now for several years. First time when I was medivac'd from Ft Mac for urinating so much blood my blood count was dropping fast. The Ft Mac doctors thought I had a growth on my bladder. He fixed me up, and said it was not a growth but just an abnormality that I had. He has also done a prostate surgery on me and scoped me many times. He is absolutely professional, and easy to talk to. He has honestly answered any questions I have ever had for him. I would not want any other Urologist than Trevor Schuler.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014

Went to see him for a consult and possible cystoscopy. Despite CT and other pretests being good, he wanted to do cystoscopy "just to have a look". He didn't wait for freezing to take, and was very rough. Very awful experience. The nurse was condescending afterwards. She said "Keep smoking, and we'll have to do this again sometime. Ha ha." Still in alot of pain after a week. Had to see my family physician and was prescribed antibiotics and painkillers, and he questions why Dr. Schuler didn't provide anything. Hope the pain stops sometime soon...all for an unnecessary procedure.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

I called about a follow appointment for after surgery check-up, and the receptionist was very rude, and not empathetic to my concerns. I just had surgery 4 days prior and was directed by a Hospital Doctor to follow up with Dr. Schuler’s Office. Jennifer argued that she did not have me in the system and she can’t help me till she has direction from a Doctor. Granted this might be true, and someone else’s error; however she could have been more professional and not so condescending. I mean I am weak, tired, sore, and just got out of surgery. When I called to complain and requested to speak to someone about it Jennifer said I could just write a letter. I was merely looking for someone to help me, not to be made to feel worse than I already do.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

Dr Schuler did Lithotripsy for me on Aug.22, 2013. Stone was lodged and the procedure didn't work. He did a Cystoscopy on Sept 6, 2013. He is very kind, explains what he is doing very well, talked to me before surgery and after. I highly recommend this doctor and his office. Talked to his office assistant on the phone and she was really helpful. I have follow up in 3 months.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

I would personally recommend Dr Schuler. My surgery went smoothly, with no complications. He personally checked in with me while I was still in the hospital, and I had a follow up appointment within three weeks. I found him to be very professional. He was easy to talk to, and he took the time to answer all of my questions. When I went I for my surgery, I was confident that I had the best surgeon taking care of me.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013