Ratings for Dr. Jean Francois Boileau

Dr Boileau treated me in 2011...a true angel in my journey with this horrible disease. Kind, considerate and took his time answering all my questions. Very approachable and knowledgeable and really cared about my concerns and fears. He never rushed our appointments and respected my opinions and concerns about treatment. His new home in Montreal is truly lucky to have gained such an amazing surgeon and medical professional.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Dû a un 2e cancer, je mes suis résignée à avoir une mastectomie bilatérale totale -juillet 2014 Dans ma malchance, j'ai eu la chance qu' on m'attribue Dr Boileau comme chirurgien- oncologue. Et quelle chance! Compétent, professionnel, humain... je pourrais continuer comme ça longtemps... il est progressiste, a une dextérité extraordinaire , une humilité et humanité hors du commun. Il a sauvé le maximum de peau en vue de ma reconstruction, et a même pu sauver mes mamelons. Je l'ai surnommé Dr LASER SHARP pcqu'il a la dextérité et la précision d'un laser et Sharp pour son intelligence, la générosité de ses explications et sa grande humanité! Merci Dr Boileau!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

J'ai eu la chance de me faire attitrer à Dr Boileau pour le traitement de mon cancer du sein de type HER+. Ce médecin est à l'écoute de ses patientes; il a pris le temps nécessaire pour répondre à toutes mes questions jusqu'à ce que je comprenne bien ce qu'il en était. Ayant été au coeur de la recherche sur le nouveau protocole de traitement, je me sentais totalement en confiance malgré ma gande insécurité sur mon état de santé. Le dénouement en fut heureux et je lui suis grandement reconnaissance d'avoir mis sa compétence, son expertise de pointe et son humanité à mon profit; un grand merci!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2014

I am grateful that my referral to Sunnybrook ended up with Dr. Boileau. I know all of the surgeons there are highly skilled, but above and beyond his skill and expertise his manner was most helpful to me during my 2-year, treatment for BC. He provided the information I needed, answered my many questions, and was a calming presence at a stressful time. I tend to respond to stress with humour, and he was able to roll with me on that. It really helped! Sorry that he's left the hospital. He will be greatly missed by his patients and colleagues. The "on-time" rating above is not his fault. Unfortunately there are more breast cancer patients than can be seen on-time by the surgeons available-same is true anywhere. I didn't mind waiting knowing that each patient needed his attention as much as I did - especially the first consult.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

He stinks! Told me I was dying of cancer without a biopsy or blood test or CT scan.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2012

Dr Boileau is the sweetest surgeon in the whole planet. He is very thorough, knowledgeable, not in a hurry to dismiss you. Answers all your questions. I am just sad that he moved back to Montreal where his family is. He will always be missed by his patients.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2012

Dr. Boileau is the best doctor to operate on me. He is very personable, knowledgeable, expert in his field. I am fortunate to be under his care. I cannot ask for more. I had no brusing on my skin at all. He did an excellent job.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2012

So thankful and so impressed with Dr. Boileau. Amazing surgery, with no pain afterwards, very skilled and very personable.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

Dr. Boileau is absolutely wonderful. I am 21 and was diagnosed with a papilloma tumor in my right breast. Dr. Boileau assured me that he would remove the mass and ensure that the incision would be "cosmetically appealing". I had my surgery on the 23rd of March, and by April 9 the bandages were off and the scar is hardly visible. Dr. Boileau was knowledgeable, approachable and kind. He and his staff at Sunnybrook were incredible throughout the entire process. And I feel very fortunate to have been in his capable hands.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011