Ratings for Dr. Nelly Silva

I went in for a consult regarding TMJ problems. I got to watch a dog and pony show. Not bad for $5000. She advertises as some sort of TMJ specialist, she isn't. She is a used car salesman looking for a sucker. Unfortunately I was that sucker. I spent $5000 on treatment that did nothing. Ended up paying $50 at another dentist and got complete relief.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

Great Experience. Went in for a simple check up and cleaning. Dr. Silva gave me a consult and went over my current mouth situation. I also spoke to her about my sleep problems and will be looking into something that they have that might help my snoring. The cleaning was done by Regina. She did a great job and was very friendly. The office staff was great and I was in and out quickly. I would definitely Recommend.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

Paid to have 8 "Lumineers" put in. After 3 years one fell out.. They wanted $1200 to fix it, uhm what? Called Den-Mat, the makers of Lumineers and they told us that they have no relationship with this dentist so whatever was put in my mouth is not: A. What I was told at the consultation or time of service, and B. What they claim is in my mouth on their website under the smile gallery(I never authorized them to use my likeness either). Stay away people, honestly.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

Thankfully I found the below review before I thought I was losing my mind. I wanted to have my front teeth bonded, maybe straightened. I went to Dr. Silva for a "free" consultation. I felt like I was being water boarded in Iraq. Seriously high pressure sales pitch over and beyond what I was willing to endure in my mouth and way way way beyond what I was willing to spend. I'm sure her work is above par, but I felt like a sheep being led to slaughter. I was asked five times what I wanted to spend. ???!!!. Three different people, but never Dr. Silva.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012

Be prepared to be taken into a room after your FREE exam. There you will be given a full, expensive list of procedures you should consider. During the FREE exam you are pumped by the staff about how much you're willing to spend, i.e. the price of a new car. You have to pay for everything up front, not as you go, including services covered by your dental insurance.Before an appointment make sure to ask if they are in network with your insurance. This is a high priced dental boutique, and the staff are sales people.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Dr. Silva was amazing and her work was beautiful. I've lived with crooked teeth and a mouth full of silver fillings that Dr.s have told me for years that I could do nothing about. Dr Silva replaced all of my fillings in 2 visits. It was absolutely painless and they look and feel beautiful. She is very skilled and a perfectionist, which is what you want in a dentist. Someone who takes pride in their work and how good their patients look when they walk out the door. I get constant complements on my smile now. She also gave me Invisaline which worked wonders on some twisted teeth that other dentists in the past told me was not worth fixing. She listened to me and never made me feel like my requests were silly or vain. She was understanding, responsive, and her work is beautiful. Worth every dime. I cannot say enough good things, she has given me more confidence than I ever expected. Thank you Dr. Silva!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

All her work has to be replaced after only 18 months. She was belligerent and mean when we requested a refund. She did not care at all about what I will have to go through again, of course with another dentist not her. She only cared about not refunding any money, and she was very expensive. Avoid this dentist.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011