Ratings for Dr. Caren M. Stalburg

This individual should not be a physician. This is one of the worst physicians that I have come across in my medical career and as a patient. She does not take the time to get to know patients. She is extremely condescending. Does not care to listen to patients. Under her care, my baby was born extremely premature and almost died. You must stay away!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

I'm not a patient of hers; my only experience with her was in the hospital on the 5th day of my attempted induction & day of discharge. She definitely needs to work on her bedside manner and her lack of empathy. I was admitted for concern of preeclampsia (hypertensive & suffering a migraine). After 5 days of prostaglandins, a foley bulb dilation (the most pain I've ever experienced), and tortuous cervix exams, it was clear that my cervix wasn't ready and I was considered safe for discharge. I had asked for pain meds before discharge as I was having contractions, sciatic pain, and they just rechecked my cervix. I was miserable and now after all that, going home w/o a baby. I was bawling. She never gave me ONE word of comfort and only gave me Tylenol for all my pain I was having. Her words, "It's like when you go to the Dr.'s office, we don't give pain meds before you leave." Did she REALLY just compare my 5 day hospital stay to a 20 minute regular office visit? Yes, she did.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

Dr. Stalburg has been very helpful in helping me get pregnant. She gave her honest opinion but when I wanted something different than her suggestion, she was still helpful and allowed me to do what I felt was best. I had an ectopic pregnancy and she and the doctors on staff were on top of the situation and followed my care diligently.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

Dr. Stalburg is the greatest! I cannot believe what I just read on this site....I had to give my 2 cents because it's not right that she should have such a low score. She delivered both my girls (both via C-section), and she was wonderful! She really knows her stuff, and she took the time to answer all my my questions. She is kind, and has a great sense of humor to boot! You absolutely cannot go wrong with Dr. Stalburg!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014

The staff at the UM center was helpful and gracious. However, Dr. Stalburg was rude and condescending. I had to have an exam and when she was too forceful and caused me pain. When I told her she was hurting me she acted annoyed rather than remorseful or kind. I would never recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

Find another physician who is willing to spend time providing high quality care.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

Dr. Caren M. Stalburg's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1992)

AHC