Ratings for Dr. John Mayba

well, he gave me c difficile by presxribing antibiotiocs i didnt need , my lymph nodes were enlarged (indicating infection), he wont give me my pnemonia shots - which i need due to weakened immune system, i was hospitalized twice in 2 months, had a ruptured cyst, he said no i dont, and prescribed me a pill that i cant stop cold turkey and discontinued prescription. he also pushes seroquel and remeron. he also had kept doubling a dose of sleeping pills every month and didnt tell me there would be withdrawl symptoms and expected me to go from 150mg to zero and the hospital said I would die if i did that. if you have a serious medical condition he wont take care of it = i have a history of tumors and cancer and he wont send me for a proper test like a ct scan just a chest xray. IF YOU WANT TO LIVE, GO TO another doctor!!!! maybe hes good at putting LAZY HEALTHY people on DISABILITY (IF HES FRIENDS WITH THE PATIENTS FAMILY ,MEMBER AND LIES ABOUT THE PATIENT HAVING ADD..WHAT A CROCK...) I AM GETTING ANOTHER DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Dr Mayba needs to retire! He has lost the ability to provide basic medical care, if he once possessed it. Wait times are beyond anything resembling acceptable, as he has far too many patients. He lacks follow through and good luck getting him to take the time to prepare any referrals. Mayba's type of care is one of the biggest issues with our health care system. PLEASE retire. Then, patient could actually switch to another Dr. Curgently, people who desperately want to have a different Dr (who advertise taking new patients) turned away and told to stay with Mayba

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

Dr. Mayba is one of the kindest, more caring people I have ever met. He takes the time to listen to your specific health concerns and assesses them on a personal level. My experience has been extremely positive to my overall health. Dr. Mayba's knowledge and compassion are amazing. I am very happy being his patient, best doctor ever for me and my family.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

We are very disappointed with this doctor, he misdiagnosed my husband twice. Both diagnoses could have had serious consequences if my husband hadn't gone for second opinions. The first time he had a chest xray which showed a potential problem that Dr. Mayba ignored which resulted in him getting very sick for a week before realizing that he was on the wrong medication. The second time he overlooked a serious infection in his leg saying that it was medication causing the swelling. He went to a walk-in to get the proper diagnosis. Dr Mayba is way overbooked!! Wait times are long! He is looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Manitoba clinic,...poorly run,..example , .this doc triple and quadruple books appts. Average wait time is 2.5 hours with a 10 a.m. apt time,..seriously. A great doc if all that exists in your lfe is seeing doctors. I switched doc and clinics and am immensely glad that I did so.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

Was a patient for 24 years. Chronically late, double and tripled books appointments. 1. Totally missed diagnosed my heart problem. For years I told him that there was something wrong with my heart. Went to a clinic, referred to a specialist and diagnosis made. 2. Has never given a blood test, urine test or anything else than blood pressure. 3. Given the bum's rush every time I go there. 4. Has absolutely no "bedside" manner. Just don't bother going. It's not worth your time.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

I have been with him for 15 yrs now and although waiting time is long he has been very good for me . Has referred me to specialists when needed to . Does not push pills on me cause he knows I won't take them unless it's something I really need .

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

Regardless when you have an appointment be prepared to wait 3 to 4 hours past your appt time to see him. The staff appear very frustrated , disorganized and at times are quite rude to the patients. As for being knowledgeable on newer medications and or medical issues he is not!! He was very rude and judgemental and had the worst bedside manner ! As far as I'm concerned he should not be practicing He treats his patients terribly.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

Dr. J. Mayba leaves the elderly patients waiting 4 - 5 hours because they have serious issues requiring much of his time. He takes the healthier patients first in order to retain them for future visits. Yet, the high maintenance patients can not find another doctor, so they're stuck with Dr. Mayba, who makes them wait longer and giving them little consideration in the hope they will leave his practice.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I have been to see Dr. Mayba for about 20 years now. —Always a long wait to get in. Usually I will try for an early appointment, check in, and go for breakfast for 1-2 hours. Pros: experienced Doctor, well known in the city with clout amongst other clinics/facilities. Can get you into specialists/referrals quickly. Cons: long wait times, rushed visits, pushes prescriptions with seemingly little consideration or dialogue. I usually go into appointments with four or five issues to discuss & leave disappointed because I've only been able to address a few of them. I am currently considering a switch to a clinic closer to home. I would also like to cut down appointment wait times, and would be nice to find a doc that doesn't rush you out the door or make you feel like you are wasting their time with too many questions.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015