Ratings for Dr. Katherine Mandigo

Saw Dr. Mandigo since my Dr. was away. I collaborate with all the negative comments stated about her in previous reviews. She made me feel that my problem was psychosomatic and she will send me for a test anyways, but stated "I know it will be negative". Well she was wrong. My test was positive!!!! Will try to avoid her as much as possible. Very poor patient communication skills along with poor clinical skills. The way the staff interacts with you i'm sure is influenced my Dr. Mandigo's personality and approach. Not impressed.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2019

Katherine Mandingo is the worst doctor that I have ever dealt with. She did not listen, made incorrect generalizations and was very rude. She did not even attempt to look like she cared. I am not confident in her diagnosis and will have to go elsewhere. Katherine was such a waste of my time. I am giving her a 1 as the system will not let me give her a rating of 0.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2019

The worst patient care I have ever experienced. Snippy comments, rushed consultation and absolutely no interpersonal skills. Felt so brushed off, I went to another clinic to repeat the appointment.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2019

My appointment with this person triggered one of the worst panic attacks I've ever had. I have PTSD from medical errors. MRIs are terrifying for me now, and because I've had breast cancer twice in the last four years, I've learned that I definitely need a sedative in order to have the scan. When I walked in, she looked at me blankly and asked what I wanted. I explained I'm refilling prescriptions (my family doctor is on leave) and that I need ativan for an MRI. Without making eye contact, she said "well, you wont be getting any of that today". Instant panic. I started telling her why I have issues with MRIs, but she talked over me. Finally she asked questions about my medical history and gave me 6 ativan. To be treated like some kind of drug fiend was offensive . That night I had the worst panic attack yet. Do not see this person. I refuse to call her a doctor...

flag | Submitted March 5, 2019

Nothing wrong with the staff (Vancouver walk in clinic), but this doctor is the worst I have seen in my life. She cuts you off, rushes to conclusions, and seems rushed. There was only 1 other patient in the waiting room that day so it wasn't busy thus I'm not sure why she was rushed... though I can understand why only 1 patient was there as everyone likely avoids this pathetic doctor.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2019

Katherine Mandigo is not a good doctor. She does not listen to what you have to say. I had a very terrible experience, and would not recommend Katherine Mandigo at all.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2019

Had an absolutely horrendous experience being a patient of Dr, Mandigo's. She refused to prescribe enough medication so I had to come back to her office every 2 weeks. This went on for a couple months. She seemed indifferent to the suffering I was going though as I have a hard time getting around. The next time I called to book an appointment she had her receptionist tell me that she was retiring and couldn't make an appointment for me. Of course I was skeptical but was tired of getting the run around from this unprofessional group of characters. Then about a year later I received a call from Dr. Mandigo's office to book my yearly check up ..... mmm I thought she retired?? This "doctor" is a disgrace to the profession.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2018

Went to a walk-in for a prescription refill. She was very skeptical of anything I had to say. She questioned my eyesight when I handed her the prescription bottle rather than reading the dose to her aloud (her interrogative tone startled me). She was only willing to provide a short-term prescription, which is okay as it was a walk-in, but was extremely defensive when asked why and was clearly not willing to have any kind of real discussion. Overall, not pleasant to deal with. Assume she is knowledgeable, but it seems like it would be difficult to provide good advice without being able to effectively communicate with patients.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

Useless and ignorant doctor. Refused to order important blood test for pregnancy because she thinks I *probably* don't have it based on my family history. Lady, just because I told you that I don't know of any family members that have it, doesn't mean you know my complete family history. Why would you leave something so important like a baby's life up to chance? Just order the test!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

The worst and most useless medical appointment I have had in my entire life. Refused to order follow up exams for conditions because the previous exam results from a year ago didn't state it was required. Refused to order a blood test saying my symptoms are from the heat and because I don't exercise enough. Wouldn't return if I were dying and this were the only doctor in town.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017