Ratings for Dr. John D. Stover

I’m a relatively new patient of Dr. Stover. After having a consultation in early ’13 I had an “eye job” as scheduled in Dec at the Kona Coast Office. The procedure was followed by two weekly visits, two biweekly, and a final exam after just under three months. I’ve been impressed by the doctor’s competency and soft-spoken, reassuring manner on each of my visits. Following surgery Dr. Stover called several times to ascertain my condition and provided his personal cell number should I need to contact him in event of an emergence. Barring a minor scheduling mishap with one appointment I’m have no faults to find with the treatment or results of my procedure – and I’m not easily pleased. I’d be delighted to get such attentive and timely care from my PCP.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Excellent doctor. Very kind and a good listener. Not rushed very gentle excellent skills

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

On Aug 13, 2010, I went to Stover to have two wisdom teeth removed. I was very hesitent to be put under. After alot of persuasion by the staff I agreed. It was the worst day of my life. With no introduction the procedure was started. The last thing I remembered was a cold sensation through my arm. Then it was like I died and had to fight my way back. I could hear my husbands voice but all I could see was bright light s in a tunnel a tunnel. Just like when someone dies in a movie. It was so scary, my husband refused to take me home in that condition. He called the ambulance and I was rushed to the hospital.Where it took awhile to regain reality. A police officer showed up to serve my husband with a restraining order. I have been seeing a therapist weekly ever since. Dr. Stover has no heart or compassion and is only interested in keeping his offices over full. As his staff mentiones "thats how he likes it" $ is what matters. DO NOT SEeE HIM. It may cost your

flag | Submitted March 23, 2014

Went in for an extraction and Felt extremely rushed. Assistant gave me options as to whether or not I wanted to be put under anesthesia because I was pregnant and there was a risk it could harm my baby. After saying many times, injections for numbing is my choice stover came in with no introduction heard the assistant say she doesn't want to be put under and he quickly said No its safer believe it or not. I wasn't even spoken to, just knocked out in less than 2 minutes. After I barely woke up, I was wheeled out the back with a bloody mouth and not even anything to bit down on to stop the bleeding. I will never see this guy again and I would never suggest anyone to go to him. He has a bad record and seems to prove it.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Worst experience ever had with an oral surgeon/dentist! He did a tooth extraction and a bone graft for me. 2 weeks later got stiches removed and he said everything looked fine. Then went to my gen. dentist for a follow up when she told me the work Stover had done did not look right at all and I need to go back to him.(This was 4 days after I just saw Stover and said everything was fine)Went back to Stover and told me that the surgery done wrong, he couldn't explain why or what went wrong and that he could do it all over again but he was going to charge me the same cost for it! Told him that wasn't going to happen and asked for some kind of explaination and why he would charge me again for what he messed up on and he walked out of the room! He's a scam artist who will take your money, do a botched up job, and then try to do it all over again! Heartless, conniving, theif!!! Do your self a favor and DO NOT go to him unless you want to be scammed out of thousands of dollars!!!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2012

Dr Stover is an excellent doctor. I found him to be pleasant, knowledgeable skilled and punctual.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

Office is clean, staff is professional, Doc knows his stuff. C.J., Waimea.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

Dr. John D. Stover's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1995)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal