Ratings for Dr. Anna Kearns

I am a faculty member at UBC, and thought that MD's were the answer to health care. That was until I had a health scare last year. After seeing my doctor and running the same tests over and over with no improvment in my symptoms, I knew there had to be another answer. I asked a few colleagues for a recommendation on who to see and Dr. Kearns name came up. Since seeing her last year I can't tell you how much better I'm doing. We zoned in on the problem and within three months I was feeling back to myself again. She is a fantastic doctor and I am now singing her praises to my colleagues. There are many of us at UBC who continue to see her and I'm happy to say I'm one of them.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

I saw Dr. Kearns after a number of my colleagues went to see her. I now know why they all rave about her. She is so sweet and has so much knowledge. She explained all of her suggestions to me and everything made sense. After a few visit I had more energy, less PMS (my husband is happy), and a better stress response. I finally found a doctor who listened and understood me. If you are reading this and think there may be another answer or approach to what you are dealing with regarding your health, go she her, she changed my life.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

I have had pain and anxiety my whole life and I was trying many different things to cure it. I had seen traditional doctors and taken lots of prescription medications but they did not help very much and the side effects were crippling. I was referred to Dr. Kearns by a friend and I had a very thorough assessment with her. She listened very closely, and we talked about some very important things which gave me the feeling that she could help. She then started me on a very modest regime of supplements and diet / lifestyle changes, and we did some testing. I got the impression that she has a very good command of both science and alternative healing. I did not feel that she was trying to sell me "expensive nonsense" as indicated by the reviewer below. I am actually very optimistic that with patience we will find the root of the problem.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

Not a real doctor beware. Will sell you expensive nonsense

Submitted October 17, 2015

After numerous failed attempt to figure out my digestion using my family doctor and referral to gastroenterologist (who was terrible) I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Kearns. My doctors said I had irritable bowel and would have to live with it. After seeing Dr. Kearns for the past six months my irritable bowel is cured. We did a special test that showed I had too much bacteria growing. Wish I had seen her years back. If you are reading this and were told you have to live with irritable bowel you don't have to if you see Dr. Kearns.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2015

I saw Dr. Kearns initially for myself and was happy with the results so I brought in my son. She is great with children. The treatment plan for my son was simple and worked.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Kearns for about six months. Initially I came to see her for acne after my dermatologist was not helpful. In our first visit I knew she was the right fit. She talked about triggers for acne and we created a treatment plan together. After 4-5 sessions my acne was significantly better. Since then we have been working on my stress and energy. She works with my GP which makes seeing her easy. I'm excited to continue our treatments and see how much my health improves.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

When I first started seeing Dr. Kearns two years ago, I had given up hope that I would ever be able to live pain free. I was suffering with chronic pain following a major accident. My body was in pain, I was unable to work, and I was getting sick often. Now two years later I'm motivated to write this review because I am a different man. Dr. Kearns has helped me with the pain, my depression, and my immune system. I am so happy I found her, and will continue to see her as my doctor. If you are reading this and suffering, she can help you, too. She was the kind of doctor I needed, and I'm happy I found her.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

A friend of mine has seen Dr. Anna for years, so I decided to go see her for challenges I was having with fertility. She helped me get pregnant and now I'm expecting my first in a few months. She's friendly and a very good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

For many years I tried to find out what was "wrong" with me through a very extensive and mostly unhelpful series of specialists and tests . I saw what I was told were some of BC's best medical rehab, neurologist, thyroid, glandular doctors as well as a second and third thyroid doctor and an internal medicine specialist, several ear, nose and throat doctors, several eye doctors, etc. These specialists told me they could find either nothing wrong with me, acknowledged something was wrong but could not help me or in a few cases misdiagnosed and treated me for something I did not actually have. Several told me that I was just depressed. My family doctor suggested I try a naturopath since the conventional medical system was not helping me. I researched and found Dr. Kearns on this site. Her process of doing a through medical history questionnaire, my interview with her, the tests she had requested and her recommendations based on those tests have helped me. It has been an excruciating slow process with set backs but so far I am having some positive results. I also feel lucky to have finally found someone who is willing to spend the time and effort to work with me figure out what is going on.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Dr. Anna Kearns's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a faculty member at UBC, and thought that MD's were the answer to health care. That was until I had a health scare last year. After seeing my doctor and ru..."

April 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Kearns after a number of my colleagues went to see her. I now know why they all rave about her. She is so sweet and has so much knowledge. She explain..."

February 18, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I have had pain and anxiety my whole life and I was trying many different things to cure it. I had seen traditional doctors and taken lots of prescription medic..."

November 15, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Not a real doctor beware. Will sell you expensive nonsense"

October 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After numerous failed attempt to figure out my digestion using my family doctor and referral to gastroenterologist (who was terrible) I scheduled an appointment..."

September 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Kearns initially for myself and was happy with the results so I brought in my son. She is great with children. The treatment plan for my son was simpl..."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Kearns for about six months. Initially I came to see her for acne after my dermatologist was not helpful. In our first visit I knew she w..."

June 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When I first started seeing Dr. Kearns two years ago, I had given up hope that I would ever be able to live pain free. I was suffering with chronic pain followi..."

March 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A friend of mine has seen Dr. Anna for years, so I decided to go see her for challenges I was having with fertility. She helped me get pregnant and now I'm expe..."

March 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "For many years I tried to find out what was "wrong" with me through a very extensive and mostly unhelpful series of specialists and tests . I saw what I was tol..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Anna is the best naturopath I have been to; she is kind, patient, and definitely one of the smartest doctors I know. I would trust her opinion regarding an..."

December 11, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I cannot say enough good things about this doctor. She helped me with ulcerative colitis when I came to her in a flare, and now I am managing well with her guid..."

October 11, 2014