Ratings for Dr. Joseph H. Rogers

Love Dr. Joe and his staff, they are so kind and caring and focused. They always follow up after illness or injury and Dr. Joe is an old school dr. with a lot of knowledge. We are lucky to have an option like him in Birmingham. He may be the last!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2014

Dr. Rogers was my pediatrician, and now he is my sons' pediatrician. I wouldn't have it any other way. He is always willing to listen to my concerns and answers my crazy questions. His staff is so kind and helpful. Dr. Rogers has even talked to me at 3 am on a weekend. I know many of his previous patients now take their children to see him. I know I can call his office anytime, and I get all the answers I need or they quickly fit me in to come into the office. It is so comforting to go into the office, and he asks me what is wrong with my boys when they are sick. He isn't quick to come up with a solution. He is willing to listen to me and my concerns. After I bring them in for a sick visit or call about them being sick, he or his nurses call me to check on the boys. They care!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

I started using Dr. Rogers when I moved to Bham when my son (now 2 1/2) was 8 months old. At every single visit, I expressed concern about my son's speech and behavior. He said "boys take longer". He also asked several times "Does he turn to his name" In response to my "yes" he said "Then we know he doesn't have Autism". I finally took matters into my own hands and had my son evaluated. Speech-language pathologist said he has a 30% delay, and a PhD with an autism clinic diagnosed him with high functioning Autism. Dr. Rogers has dismissed almost every concern I have ever had about my son, and he is clearly ignorant about developmental disorders. Oh, they don't even do milestone check lists during well visits! I blame myself for using him for so long, my son could have started treatment a year ago!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011