Ratings for Dr. Naveen Somia

Dear Dr. Somia, staff Juanita & Julie, HSS staff & the wonderful Anesthetist, I am beyond ecstatic with my results! I'm a woman in my 40's and underwent silicone breast augmentation 20+ years ago and have never looked back. I have never had one single issue with my implants. April 2017 I discovered a lump under my arm and sought medical advice. My wonderful GP sent me off to have a ultrasound. Ultrasound demonstrated intact implants with no ruptures evident and three large silicone lumps under one arm and smaller collections of silicone under the other. I was then referred on to a breast surgeon for removal and possible replacement of my implants. I live in Western Sydney; therefore, choosing a doctor in the city seemed like it would be a difficult task due to the vast amount of plastic surgeons that practice in the city. However, I knew you were the doctor for me the first time I came across your name in one of my google searches. Instantly, I experienced a great gut feeling, which was later confirmed during my initial consultation. I was sent off for a MRI in May and it was shown that I had two ruptured and badly leaking implants requiring urgent removal. Removal for me was only an option with replacement implants and a lift. My breasts were what is elequently referred to as 'waterfall', meaning my nippples cascaded down off the edge of the breast and laid Deep South towards the ground, all the while still full and voluptuous breasts. When I called the office I was beside myself in fear of the unknown, the terror of having to have my breasts removed and not being able to have them replaced and what if, what if, what if.... I had an appointment booked for a fortnight away and all documents sent to me and even a courtesy valet park offered to make my trip to the office hassle free. Within a few days I was contacted and offered a cancellation appointment for the following day as the staff knew I was beside myself. Prior to this office visit, I had researched your website extensively and was extremely impressed with the amount of information provided on your site. Additionally, I was equally impressed with the referrals of other clients whom have had you preform work for them in other plastic surgery procedures. From the minute I walked into your office for my consultation to the minute I left the hospital after my surgery I knew I had selected the right surgeon. Everyone involved helped to make my experience pleasant and full of reassurance. From Jane's friendly voice to Juanita's kind smile and constant professionalism and willingness to always take the time to return my phone calls promptly and answer my numerous e-mails and questions. I could not have asked for a better group of people to help me go through the process!!! In addition, the wonderful staff at Hospital Specialist Surgery (HSS) were equally as fabulous. They were so kind, very thorough and made me feel totally comfortable. I'm so glad I didn't go to one of the other hospital options. Thankfully for me, lumps under my arms removed, implants removed, capsules removed, breast lift and new implants, all from start to finish within a 4 week period. And I have beautiful, perky, sexy, voluptuous breasts, so much more beautiful than my first implants which were great, just they were never beautiful like they are now. Dr. Somia, You are truly the best! In addition to my positive experience, throughout the process, I am unbelievably happy with my results! Your willingness to listen to my wants and advise me about my options are very much appreciated and your kindness, knowledge and talent are valued and respected. I could not have asked for a better doctor, experience and final results. I would recommend you and your staff to anyone everyday!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

I had my tummy tuck and breast reduction in 2013 and 2014 and all i think is why dint i do it earlier. Dr Somia is amazing, he knows what he is doing and gives you all the details and also give you advice on how to maintain after the tummy tuck. Its been almost 2yrs now from my tummy tuck and i still feel amazing. He has amazing listening skills and answered all my silliest questions. I was totally prepared for my surgery. He has a lovely bed side manner. I recovered in 6 weeks and was back in the gym by 8 weeks. His office staff have an unbelievable customer service, always available for any questions. Highly highly recommend Dr Somia.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

It has been almost 3 months since I had a neck lift, chin implant, and fat transfer with Dr Naveen Somia. I am very very pleased with the result. Dr Somia provided me with lots of information on the procedures I elected to have. He answered my questions and his staff provided me with handout material to read. The operation went smoothly, and I was amazed that I felt no pain. I only took panadol once I went home from the hospital. The scars in front of my ears and behind my ears are not noticeable at all and my family and friends have been very positive about my improved jawline and the lack of fat under my chin. Dr Somia is not only technically expert, he is lovely person with outstanding communication skills. C Davis Sydney

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

Dr Naveen Somia performed a tummy tuck and breast reduction on me four months ago and I couldn't be happier with the result. The results were far better than I could ever have expected. I haven't looked or felt this good in years. He has a lovely genuine bedside manner, he explained the procedures to me in sufficient detail and answered all my questions in a thorough honest way. He really listened to me when I told him what I wanted. I felt totally prepared for the surgery and the recovery period. He has continued to follow my progress. I found his office staff lovely and helpful. I really wish I had seen Dr Naveen Somia years ago.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2013

Doctor Somia is a very knowledgable and professional medical specialist. I like his approach to patients. He always gives options and helps to achieve a desirable outcome. I am very happy with how my cosmetic procedure has turned out and highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

Excellent Doctor,I had a problem in my face that if it was not handled properly, it could have changed the way I look forever. He did not rush things, explored and explained the options and the treatment worked very well. He is very helpful, caring, gentle in his approach. I really appreciate what he did for me, I recomend him highly, best Doctor.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2012

Dr. Naveen Somia is a Sydney Plastic Surgeon with offices in Bondi Junction, Bellavista (Norwest) and Balmain. Dr Somia specializes in plastic surgery of the eyelids, face, breast, body and hands.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011