You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Alexis David

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

I just felt like I was getting nowhere. The office said they'd refer me to various specialists and then I'd wait and wait for someone to call me with appointment. No one ever did. I'd call to ask if they had referred me and they'd say that they didn't because they felt it wouldn't be helpful to me. So...thanks for letting me know that the appointment was cancelled before it was ever made. I also didn't feel the answer of surgery and just "leaving things as they are" was right considering all of the problems I'm having. I ended up paying to see my old orthodontist and he is actually helping me fix the problems quickly and without surgery. I do have a rather complicated orthodontic history and a rare range of problems, so I understand why Dr. David might have been scratching his head a bit. It's happened before. So I'm not holding that against him. I was just frustrated by the lack of communication and advice/help.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015

Dr. Alexis David's response
Thank you for your constructive feedback. I personally read all reviews and use your valuable comments to improve future patient service. Sincerely, Dr. David

Submitted April 19, 2015

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Having decided to finish ortho treatments after a bad experience as a teen I could not be more happy with my treatment by Dr David and staff! I have been going monthly for a year and a half and both he and his staff are always over and above pleasant and helpful. My daughter also sees him and feels the same. He does a monthly payment plan which is so great and I would happily recommend his office to everyone!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

Dr.David expanded my jaw as well as gave me braces. All the encounters I had with him and his staff were good. The ladies that work for him are lovely and very personable. Aside from the fact I actually had to have braces the experience was awesome. Now I have perfect straight teeth :)

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

Wanted to give my 8 year old daughter braces when she doesn't even have all her adult teeth yet. Seems to be just in it for the money.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

We saw Dr David for a second opinion when our orthodontist recommended a palatal expander. We saw that he was listed as a Damon provider and we wanted to know if my daughter was a candidate. The office staff were polite and pleasant to my daughter. Dr David spoke to me as if my daughter wasn't there, which isn't something we're comfortable with. He brushed off our questions about the Damon system and told us that the palatal expansion recommended for our daughter was "nothing" and that he'd seen palates expanded up to 13 mm (wow, that's a lot of expansion of one face, we thought). When I tried to explain that we really were just there for information about the Damon system, he became defensive and abrupt and told us they (the Damon braces) don't always work like they're advertised to. We wondered why he advertises and uses them if he doesn't think they work? The visit was a complete waste of our time. We went back to the other orthodontist.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

Dr. Alexis David's response
Thank you S. for your comments. I have used your feedback to make sure I speak to everybody that comes to see me. I have also phased out Damon braces from my practice and removed any mention of them from my web site after thoughtful discussion with other patients and my valuable staff. Instead, I have incorporated the self-ligating bracket from American Orthodontics for those individuals that will benefit from such a system.

Submitted April 19, 2015

Outlines our options for straightening teeth in great detail. Very personable and so is the staff. Very accomodating with appointments. The patient feels that this orthodontist really stays current.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2011

Dr. Alexis David's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Case Western Reserve University (Grad. 2001)
  • Marquette University (Grad. 2003)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I can't say one complaint about this office. The Dr David and Staff are the most welcoming organnized office I've ever been to. I highly recommended coming here..."

June 3, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V9R1" to "V9S 5W4". Address has been updated from "None" to "1808 Bowen Road". Suite has been updated from "None" to "210".

April 20, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.nanaimobraces.com" to "http://www.davidortho.com". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "(250) 716-0611".

April 19, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I just felt like I was getting nowhere. The office said they'd refer me to various specialists and then I'd wait and wait for someone to call me with appointmen..."

March 14, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Love Love Love everyone is this office! I feel like family when I walk in the office. I highly recommend him."

January 5, 2015
  • City changed from "Ladysmith" to "Nanaimo"

June 16, 2012