Ratings for Karen Hirscheimer

I have been working with Karen over a period of four+ years. I first saw Karen with my husband for marriage counselling. Karen has a different approach from what I had previously experienced. If you are looking to be coddled or simply allowed to vent, find a friend as while Karen will listen closely to your concerns and painful history, she will work to move you beyond this with empathy and genuine caring. Karen will direct you to take steps of deep reflection and introspection. She will challenge you to look at the tough issues and not allow you to hide behind your hurt or pain. Instead, she will guide you with warmth and caring. Karen will support you in finding clarity without imposing her beliefs or opinions. Karen will guide you to do the work YOU need to do to find the answers to your own questions and what is best for YOU. If you are serious about addressing your issues and really doing the work to make things better and find peace, be that with your partner or on your own, then Karen is your person!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2019

I have been working with Karen over a period of four+ years. I first saw Karen with my husband for marriage counselling. Karen had a very different approach from what I had experienced before. I was initially unsure of what I thought or how I felt about that approach. If you are looking to be coddled or simply allowed to vent, find a friend as Karen is not your choice. Karen will direct you to take steps of deep reflection and introspection. She will challenge you to look at the tough issues and not allow you to hide behind your hurt or pain. Karen will support you in finding clarity without imposing her beliefs or opinions. Karen will guide you to do the work YOU need to do to find the answers to your own questions and what is best for YOU. If you are serious about addressing your issues and really doing the work to make things better and find peace, be that with your partner or on your own, then Karen is your person!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2019

Karen provided pivotal support through recent challenges, including relationship breakups, particularly where partners weren’t as interested in mutually satisfying resolution, the painful loss with the death of a close family member, and lack of confidence in my ability to deal with career-related challenges. Karen’s skilled approach, use of both knowledge and intuition in our conversations, of both giving advice and drawing me into thinking deeper about myself, provided not only objective advice on how to work through these challenges, her also helped me see my own internal capacity for resilience, and strengthen it, when I couldn’t see it clearly. I often reflect on key phrases, words, Karen used in our sessions that helped me, and left a lasting positive impact beyond those sessions.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2019

I approached Karen as I was having some anxiety and difficulties with recent life transitions. She was very helpful and by the end of our very first session we had come up with a plan for me to follow. She gave me great advice and helped me better see why I was feeling anxious and how I could tackle it. She was very empathetic and understanding of my situation and was also very easy to talk to. I would definitely recommend Karen’s practice!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2019

Karen seems to have a strong disposition to help. I had a great initial consultation call with Karen where she already sought to add value and solutions to my current life challenge after gathering information and context. Based on this initial interaction, I feel good about continuing to seek her advice.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2019

My husband and I have been coming to Karen throughout our 11 years of togetherness (if you include dating, engagement period and now into our marriage) for moments when we felt, and thankfully recognized, we needed professional help/intervention to solve a problem that was beyond our abilities. There are moments or issues which arise in which we really would not have thought of the strategies she has suggested. I am amazed at how precisely she is able to figure out what lies at the heart of the matter to help us out. I came to a session feeling depleted and exhausted after a long and drawn out fight but I left feeling like the fog was lifted. All is well and all that what we needed was some strategies. Thank you, Karen.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2018

three years ago i came to Karen for some advice as I had some bad dating patterns and wanted to turn around my life. Well it did happen and oh so fast. I broke up with a guy i was dating, met my husband and we then got engaged very quickly. Now we have been married and expecting and could not be more happy. It all came with Karen's advice, very straightforward approach on nonsense and a motivational push to actually do sth about your life. I would highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

My partner and I are in a committed and fast moving relationship. We faced some very serious struggles surrounding social anxiety and our lives colliding rapidly. Karen gave us the tools we needed to deescalate arguments, and helped us gain new perspectives on how to act in our loving relationship, as well as how to sustain our loving relationship.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2018

Doctor Hirscheimer has been an amazing doctor and really helped my relationship with my husband. We highly recommend her, as she made a signinifact difference in our relationship and our lives.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2018

My husband and I have been lucky enough to work with Karen over the past six years. Initially we went to see her when I was sure we would be heading to divorce and she helped us get back on track in only a few sessions. We have continued to see her periodically when situations have developed that we can't see to resolve. She has always been able to put us on the right track quickly. I often recommend her to my friends when they are struggling in their own marriages.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2018

Karen Hirscheimer's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

UnitedHealthcare