Ratings for Dr. Anand Pandya

Horrible service. Got a referral for this surgeon in September, as to date no one has called to give an appointment for a consultation. It is now December. Everytime I call the office no one answers and no one returns messages. Just attempted to call again today and their voicemail is now full. Will now be going back to my doctor to refer me to someone else. I refuse to go see this doctor. I am not blaming him but he should really reevaluate his current staff.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

I NEVER write reviews, but am extremely upset with this doctor. My grandmother went to her family doctor with pain in per stomach, ultrasound showed she had gallstones and needed gallbladder removed and had infection. She was put on antibiotics and sent to emergency and went to BCH. She was then admitted and told she needs gallbladder surgery. They did an ultrasound and all the tests in the hospital as well before admitting her. NO SCAN was done prior to the surgery to determine where the stones are. The gallbladder was removed and she was sent home. She was told by the doctor that she could eat/drink anything, we were confused because we thought she would have to eat lighter foods etc but was told no restrictions. We still kept her on a light diet. Later that week she experienced itching all over her body and had stomach pains (which we found concerning). Went back to Doctor Pandya for a followup at his office. Firstly, impossible to get through the phone line for an appointment. Once we got in, we explained the symptoms to the doctor. He said we should see an allergist for the itchiness and see someone else for the stomach pain as gallbladder doesnt have anything to do with her symptoms. We tried to explain that shes not allergic to anything she had not used any new products and these symptoms started after the surgery. We also explained that as you said she can eat anything, so she has been eating but less quantity. He then explained how she shouldnt eat certain foods which are the reason for her stomach ache (again after surgery he didnt say any restrictions). He stressed we need to get rid of our misconceptions about the symptoms being related to the gallbladder. He said he has done his part and we need to followup with her family doctor. Last night she complained and cried of really bad stomach pains and called an ambulance. She was admitted to ED and after a CT scan it was determined that one gallstone was left behind and she was severely infected. My grandma, being an elderly lady once again had to go through so much pain and discomfort because of this hospitals’ lack of staff, this doctors lack of attention to detail and care, and lack of followup and proper procedures in place. 1 there should have been a CT done prior to the surgery to determine the place of the stones 2 the doctor should have seen that she had an infection and been careful with her and given her antibiotics post surgery 3 should have listened when we went back for a followup and ordered testing at that time to see if anything was wrong rather than ignoring her symptoms and telling us he did his job. My grandma now has a stent in her body to pass the stone and is on strong antibiotics to get rid of her bad infection. Infact she wasnt even given a room the whole night, she spent the night in the emergency on a stretcher. Overall VERY disappointed with the lack of care provided by him and brampton civic hospital. We were very thrilled after the surgery knowing that a doctor with such good reviews had dealt with my grandmother, but unfortunately very disappointed now and in the end of the day his patient suffered and had to go through so much because of his lack of attention to detail.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

Terrible dr, lacks bedside manner, does not respond/is rude when asked questions. Very dismissive and bad attitude, terrible that our taxes are wasted on his salary

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

Dr. Pandya is an excellent doctor. He is compassionate, gentle and understanding. He performed my gastroscopy and discussed my results afterwards. He was very thorough and referred me for follow through tests to continue to find the source of my pain. Thank you Dr. Pandya. You are a Blessing !

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Performed a minimal excision under local anesthetic for my pilonidal sinus. Procedure was about 20 minutes long and the wound was stitched closed. I am very squeamish but this experience was easily bearable. I am a few days post-op and there is no pain or bleeding. Very happy with the results.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Dr. removed two lymphoma nodes. He kept me informed of all the steps he intended to take. Completely painless and quick procedures. The best....

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr. Pandya removed a pilinoidial cyst sinus from my lower back, and made the whole experience, from referral to post-surgery as painless, effective, and stress-free as possible. I would definitely refer all of my family and friends to him for any surgical needs

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

It is refreshing to have experienced a doctor that takes the time to speak with his patient as a person. It was my best experience to date with a doctor.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Had surgery 2017/01/11. Wasn't at all what I was expecting from a surgeon. He met me before surgery to ask if I had any questions or concerns, was very friendly and informative. Staff were very nice and procedure was punctual to the minute they said it would be.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

I have just had my surgery. He is a very kind and compassionate doctor. The anesthesiologist and the nurses were very nice too.... 😊

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017