Ratings for Dr. Anand Pandya

My husband was seen by Doctor Pandya He is an excellent surgeon. We would highly recommend . His office Manager was very quick in reply to our emails .

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

Dr. Pandya did an emergency appendectomy on my son. We both found him to be an excellent surgeon with a kind bedside manner to match. His receptionist equally helpful and pleasant. I would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

I had a terrible experience this morning. I went to him for banding and had a few issues after the procedure like discomfort, light headedness, inability to pass urine, pain in lower back and legs. The doctor lacked bedside manners, was rude, and did not respond politely when asked questions, to the point of showing irritation. Very dismissive and bad attitude, in fact it seemed that he was trying to wash his hands of my symptoms after the procedure, claiming that they are unrelated. He stressed I need to get rid of my anxiety and misconceptions about the symptoms being related to the procedure. I left his clinic in pain and feeling very disheartened.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

I was very pleased with my experience With Dr. Anand Pandya and his staff. Dr. Pandya is an excellent doctor. He is compassionate, gentle and understanding. It was good to have such a good professional accessing my health concern with professionalism and care. He was very thorough and referred me to another specialist, and at this second place I end up getting a family doctor. Thanks!!! While I was in the waiting room, I saw a busy office with phone calls and people coming in and out being handled by a great professional, this lady was such a sweet heart. Thank you Dr. Pandya & Staff. You are a Blessing!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

My family doctor sent a referral on Monday . and I was able to see Doctor Pandya by Thursday on a urgent request. He was knowledgeable and answered all my concerns. his office manager called the same evening to schedule my Surgery. I’m so fortunate and grateful with the service.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr Pandya when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in early December. He sat down with me and explained my diagnosis and called me personally to come in to the clinic to discuss all my tests prior to my surgery. When it came to my surgery he was gentle and understanding of my fears and very compassionate. He came in afterwards to check up on me and when we would meet again. At my follow up appointments again sat with me explained the results and and answered my questions. I liked that he called me himself with all my results I felt it was a very personal touch rather have someone else do it . He has a lovely bedside and my overall experience with Dr Pandya and the staff at civic has been amazing . Wish he could be with me through the rest of this journey.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

Horrible service. Got a referral for this surgeon in September, as to date no one has called to give an appointment for a consultation. It is now December. Everytime I call the office no one answers and no one returns messages. Just attempted to call again today and their voicemail is now full. Will now be going back to my doctor to refer me to someone else. I refuse to go see this doctor. I am not blaming him but he should really reevaluate his current staff.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

I NEVER write reviews, but am extremely upset with this doctor. My grandmother went to her family doctor with pain in per stomach, ultrasound showed she had gallstones and needed gallbladder removed and had infection. She was put on antibiotics and sent to emergency and went to BCH. She was then admitted and told she needs gallbladder surgery. They did an ultrasound and all the tests in the hospital as well before admitting her. NO SCAN was done prior to the surgery to determine where the stones are. The gallbladder was removed and she was sent home. She was told by the doctor that she could eat/drink anything, we were confused because we thought she would have to eat lighter foods etc but was told no restrictions. We still kept her on a light diet. Later that week she experienced itching all over her body and had stomach pains (which we found concerning). Went back to Doctor Pandya for a followup at his office. Firstly, impossible to get through the phone line for an appointment. Once we got in, we explained the symptoms to the doctor. He said we should see an allergist for the itchiness and see someone else for the stomach pain as gallbladder doesnt have anything to do with her symptoms. We tried to explain that shes not allergic to anything she had not used any new products and these symptoms started after the surgery. We also explained that as you said she can eat anything, so she has been eating but less quantity. He then explained how she shouldnt eat certain foods which are the reason for her stomach ache (again after surgery he didnt say any restrictions). He stressed we need to get rid of our misconceptions about the symptoms being related to the gallbladder. He said he has done his part and we need to followup with her family doctor. Last night she complained and cried of really bad stomach pains and called an ambulance. She was admitted to ED and after a CT scan it was determined that one gallstone was left behind and she was severely infected. My grandma, being an elderly lady once again had to go through so much pain and discomfort because of this hospitals’ lack of staff, this doctors lack of attention to detail and care, and lack of followup and proper procedures in place. 1 there should have been a CT done prior to the surgery to determine the place of the stones 2 the doctor should have seen that she had an infection and been careful with her and given her antibiotics post surgery 3 should have listened when we went back for a followup and ordered testing at that time to see if anything was wrong rather than ignoring her symptoms and telling us he did his job. My grandma now has a stent in her body to pass the stone and is on strong antibiotics to get rid of her bad infection. Infact she wasnt even given a room the whole night, she spent the night in the emergency on a stretcher. Overall VERY disappointed with the lack of care provided by him and brampton civic hospital. We were very thrilled after the surgery knowing that a doctor with such good reviews had dealt with my grandmother, but unfortunately very disappointed now and in the end of the day his patient suffered and had to go through so much because of his lack of attention to detail.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

Terrible dr, lacks bedside manner, does not respond/is rude when asked questions. Very dismissive and bad attitude, terrible that our taxes are wasted on his salary

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

Dr. Pandya is an excellent doctor. He is compassionate, gentle and understanding. He performed my gastroscopy and discussed my results afterwards. He was very thorough and referred me for follow through tests to continue to find the source of my pain. Thank you Dr. Pandya. You are a Blessing !

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017