Dr. A. Alex Mohit

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. A. Alex Mohit

Dr Alex Mohit is a Doctor and man of much integrity and does excellent work.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

I put off the inevitable for a few years – work took priority. I researched the neurosurgeons in the area and interviewed the top three candidates – I chose Dr. Alex Mohit. He laid out everything step by step. Scheduling 6 months out, gave me the time to take the proactive steps to ensure the best possible outcome – before, during and after. I followed his recommendations to the T – mostly different neck exercises, multiple times a day, every day. In 2008, Dr. Mohit performed Anterior Cervical Discectomy with fusion of the lower discs. I continued my neck exercises…best I could, and slowly gained the strength back – I wanted full range of motion. At my 3-month checkup, x-rays revealed that my bone regeneration was almost 100% and I had achieved full range of motion. I also had no symptoms concerning muscle or nerves. Dr. Mohit informed me that between a combination of my age and bone health in general, I’d be looking to re-visit this in another 10 years or so. I live a physical life – hard work, hard play. I haven’t had to give up anything. I attribute this to Dr. Mohit’s plan that prepared me for success. Most people think it’s the doctor’s responsibility. In my case, if I hadn’t taken responsibility, I would not have had the success I enjoyed.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

Dr. Mohit performed an L2-L5 Luminoscopy with Posterior fusion to alleviate lower back pain that had restricted me for many years. A successful surgery and now healing with no lower back pain except for the surgical incession.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

I had experienced many years of pain and agony in my lower back and down my legs. I was told that I was a surgical candidate with severe stenosis and disc height loss with motion at my L4-5 level. I decided to have the operation and I am doing so much better with pain and numbness gone. I was only in the hospital for one night. I would recommend Dr. Mohit to everyone.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

I felt well listened to by Dr Mohit. He took time in explaining my condition to me. He did not appear impatient although I had many questions. He did not recommend surgery for me but did refer me to physical therapy. I appreciated his honesty and although I had hoped for a quick fix I can now see he made the right recommendation for me.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

Dr. Mohit is smart, considerate, and a true life saver. Dr. Mohit was able to diagnose my partner and recommended a less invasive procedure, when several other doctors missed diagnosed, which would have resulted in an unnecessary surgery. Thanks to Dr. Mohit's training and experience, my partner is feeling better than she has in years!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

I'm from Southern California and had terrible low back pain for years which excessivly got worse. I've done all the conservative treatments I thought....3 surgeons in my area recommended fusion surgery. I was recommend to Dr. Mohit by a family member. I was shocked that he found something on my MRI that none of the other surgeons found. Arthritis that he believed was causing a good portion of pain. He recommended I go back to my treating doctor and discuss lumber nerve ablation. Dr. Danto in Orange CA agreed that this could be an alternative to Fusion. The procedure was performed and Dr. Mohit was right, I did get relief. It was only Dr. Mohit that diagnosed me after seeing several surgeons. I'm so thankful to get my life back. He was polite and caring About my outcome. I'm so glad I got his opinion!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

Very good experience with Dr. Mohit, very gentle and took time with me - great bedside manners for a surgeon. He listens and helps.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

The only surgeon to identify my incredible back pain and fix me after years of no quality of life.say no more

Submitted March 20, 2017

I saw Dr. Mohit on 1-26-2017. I was extremely pleased with his staff, and Dr. Mohit. He was very knowledgeable, and kind. He showed genuine concern for my level of pain. After seeing 4 doctors in Olympia, I would feel comfortable telling my friends and family about Dr. Mohit. I felt like a person to him and not a number that was rushed out the door. He took time with me and I never felt rushed. Thank you, Fonnie Hall

Submitted January 27, 2017

Dr. A. Alex Mohit's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Board-certified neurosurgeon, Alex Mohit, M.D., Ph.D., provides comprehensive neurosurgery, specializing in spine and skull base surgery. He encourages his patients to be actively involved and knowledgeable about their care. Dr. Mohit completed the following fellowships: complex spine surgery at Cleveland Clinic Spine Institute, skull base surgery at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle and an elective international neurosurgery at Atkinson Morley's Hospital in London, England. Dr. Mohit is a member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, North American Spine Society and Congress of Neurological Surgeons. He has held teaching and research posts at USC School of Medicine, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center and California Institute of Technology.

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

AARP