Ratings for Dr. Victor Chow

Terrible on all accounts... 1 star after waiting 3 years and demanding to see a specialist i finally found myself at Dr. Chows clinic only to be turned away with no answers sending me to a dermatologist on the grounds they had no opinion to offer ... After consulting a dermatologist and him suggesting a treatment option and understanding my concerns he sent me back once again. Instead of hearing my concern and that of the dermatologist they recommended i see, i was told upon my final visitation that i was enduring what he believe was chronic pain. Comparatively phrased, im full of shit.............. and have no clue how to address concerns other specalists have done for me. AND SENT ME BACK TO THE DERMATOLOGIST AGAIN! Pay a few dollars and go to a private clinic Half their patients are bound to die out while they wait for any kind of assistance that involves more than cutting chunks of people bodies out for result.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Really nice doctor, and cute too. Great advice and very friendly.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

God Bless Dr. Chow. He is very helpful, friendly, caring, knowledgeable. I had a kidney cancer and he made my case a priority. after my family doctor called him when the she felt something in my stomach. Dr. Chow was able to arrange all the testing and peform surgery 3 weeks later and I'm now I'm a happy cancer survivor.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

I was disappointed several times visiting him. Don't spend time with this guy - he doesn't care for patients. Every time I feel as I have an appointment only because he needs to have his records done. Find someone else who can really help.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

A wonderful doctor with a terrific bedside manner. He takes time to explain the issues clearly and surgery went exactly as he described. A terrific doctor.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Dr. Chow is the most professional doctor and excellent doc that I have been to. My wife and I have been told for 7 years that it would be impossible for us to have children even after a biopsy by another doctor. Dr. Chow looked at all the information and gave us hope. He did a surgery where he took a piece of my ball and was able to find sperm. I was very nervous, but there was no pain and it was really easy. My wife is now pregnant and we are ecxtatic! I would recommend anyone to see this friendly, amazaing doctor!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Dr. Chow was a very pleasant man in all regards. I saw Dr. Chow for a fertility exam thru genesis fertility clinic in Vancouver as I had a vasectomy and he was going to aspirate sperm to use to fertilize harvested eggs. I am an extremely healthy individual with no health issues besides my cyst now that dr. chow missed after two visits. He wrote in his report the he was 95% sure he would retrieve sperm successfully. When the day came for the aspiration, he used the needle first and after 4 attempts he did not retrieve any sperm.Dr chow only got fluid from the cyst I would think He ended up getting 20 sperm after Dr. chow took three or four pieces of my nut but still did not get healthy sperm. At this point he missed the cause which was a cyst but got paid.He was very rough and the way he handled my nuts and he should have noticed the cyst. Under the recommendation of the fertility Dr. at Genesis in Vancouver, We sought out another clinic as the doctor at genesis said this was a part time job for Dr Chow and we should find someone else with expertise in this area. Then why does genesis fertility clinic use Dr.Chow then tell us to find someone better with experience in this area of fertility. I then went to Greece to get the fertility work done and in under ten minutes the urologist in Greece found a round cyst the size of a toonie which almost doubled the size of my nut. He removed it and aspirated sperm with a needle with no problem but with the cyst and the infectious state of my nuts the sperm quality was very poor. This resulted in miscarriage because of Dr Chow missing the original problem after two visits. One of these visits was the surgery. Even after failure with the first sperm retrieval he was pushing to go ahead and do it again without any further investigation as to why the count was so low and why we were unable to freeze them. At this point he should have investigated the cause. If he had, he would have finally noticed the cyst and treated it accordingly. Now we are left broke and heart broken. Anyone considering this type of work should seek out someone with expertise in the area of fertility to avoid the trauma of a failed pregnancy. Was he only concerned about the money? So willing to do the surgery again without investigating. His reply to us on why this happened was" I don't know why, this has never happened before. " maybe because he is a new doctor and has experience like genesis fertility clinic said. Please research your Dr. well if this is the type of treatment you need.Would not recommend Dr Chow at all.It was very expensive with nothing to show for anything spent,not to mention physically and emotionally painful.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

This is a kind a caring doctor. Dad has been his patient for over ten years and sings Dr. Chow's praises constantly. I accompanied Dad for an appointment this month and can see why he is impressed. He is smart and very friendly, and makes you feel at ease despite the seriousness of the illness. Thank you Dr. Chow for looking after my family.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

It has been over a year, still no follow up from him on a an ultrasound and exam from him. His original guess was also proven wrong. Very poor professional, too busy to take the time to examine properly.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

Dr. Chow was extremely informative and supportive in explaining the disease and the options that i had in dealing with it. Just an amazing xcellent physician!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015