Ratings for Dr. Victor Chow

Don’t have a kidney removal with this man or at this hospital. Chow used me as his human guinea pig and Christina poon and removed my perfectly good kidney and I look like they used a chain saw to do. For thirteen years I have begged him to remove my left ureter an d he has refused me medical care. The infection finally showed up in the urine. Klebsiella pnuemonia. At the surgery site. From dirty instruments and too many antibiotics. Don’t ever trust this man or this hospitAl.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

Thanks to Dr. Chow we have a beautiful 3 month daughter. My husband had his successful vasectomy reversal and everything went just as Dr. Chow said it would. Our little family can't be happier :)

flag | Submitted March 3, 2018

I should have known ... first appointment I was kept waiting for 2o min. and another patient arrived whose appt. was scheduled10 min. after mine was seen first. When I saw Dr. C how he told me I had 3 10 mil. bladder stones and some smaller kidney stones. He scheduled cystoscopy saying he would break the stones up. I arrived at the hospital early in the morning and found 2 other patients who had already been waiting for some time. I suspect Dr. Chow heavily overbooks $$$. When I was finally brought in to the operating room , the Doctor seemed very rushed . He applied anaesthetic to my penis but gave it very little time to take effect. As a result ,insertion of the scope was extremely painful! dr. chow said he couldn't see any bladderstones and my urine was very cloudy. He said he saw a growth on the wall of my bladder. and stopped the procedure telling me he would perform another cystoscopy to remove the growth. I still don't know why he didn't perform it then? $$$$ 1week after the procedure I was suffering bladder and penile pain and went to a local clinic , after a urine test I was told I had a serious bladder infection and was prescribed antibiotics. so Dr Chow misdiagnosed bladders tones, postponed removal of growth on bladder was , did not even examine my kidneys, and even though he commented on my cloudy urine did not prescribe antibiotics fora severe bladder infection.In my opinion Dr. Chow is only interested in seeing a maximum number of patients and treat them as little as possible.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

My doctor at the Olive Fertility Center sent me to see Dr. Victor Chow. We have been having troubles with having a baby because my husband cannot produce any sperm (Azopermia). We had seen another urologist prior who sent us to Olive. Dr. Chow made the diagnosis in about 10 minutes and discovered that my husband was missing the tubes that carry the sperm. He then did a succesful procedure to harvest sperm (PESA), which we can now use for IVF. Dr. Chow is competent, kind and caring and allowed us hope to start our family.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Victor is the best doctor that I have ever encountered. My GP suspected prostate cancer and sent me to see him. Victor turned what was a scary process into a problem that was dealt with successfully and after surgery, I am cancer free. He is cheerful, helpful and always punctual. He even called me on a Sunday to make after I had some questions about recovery. Kudos to his secretaries as well who run a tight ship. Excellent!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Terrible on all accounts... 1 star after waiting 3 years and demanding to see a specialist i finally found myself at Dr. Chows clinic only to be turned away with no answers sending me to a dermatologist on the grounds they had no opinion to offer ... After consulting a dermatologist and him suggesting a treatment option and understanding my concerns he sent me back once again. Instead of hearing my concern and that of the dermatologist they recommended i see, i was told upon my final visitation that i was enduring what he believe was chronic pain. Comparatively phrased, im full of shit.............. and have no clue how to address concerns other specalists have done for me. AND SENT ME BACK TO THE DERMATOLOGIST AGAIN! Pay a few dollars and go to a private clinic Half their patients are bound to die out while they wait for any kind of assistance that involves more than cutting chunks of people bodies out for result.

Submitted November 7, 2016

Really nice doctor, and cute too. Great advice and very friendly.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

God Bless Dr. Chow. He is very helpful, friendly, caring, knowledgeable. I had a kidney cancer and he made my case a priority. after my family doctor called him when the she felt something in my stomach. Dr. Chow was able to arrange all the testing and peform surgery 3 weeks later and I'm now I'm a happy cancer survivor.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

I was disappointed several times visiting him. Don't spend time with this guy - he doesn't care for patients. Every time I feel as I have an appointment only because he needs to have his records done. Find someone else who can really help.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

A wonderful doctor with a terrific bedside manner. He takes time to explain the issues clearly and surgery went exactly as he described. A terrific doctor.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016