You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Victor Chow

Dr. Chow was a very pleasant man in all regards. I saw Dr. Chow for a fertility exam thru genesis fertility clinic in Vancouver as I had a vasectomy and he was going to aspirate sperm to use to fertilize harvested eggs. I am an extremely healthy individual with no health issues besides my cyst now that dr. chow missed after two visits. He wrote in his report the he was 95% sure he would retrieve sperm successfully. When the day came for the aspiration, he used the needle first and after 4 attempts he did not retrieve any sperm.Dr chow only got fluid from the cyst I would think He ended up getting 20 sperm after Dr. chow took three or four pieces of my nut but still did not get healthy sperm. At this point he missed the cause which was a cyst but got paid.He was very rough and the way he handled my nuts and he should have noticed the cyst. Under the recommendation of the fertility Dr. at Genesis in Vancouver, We sought out another clinic as the doctor at genesis said this was a part time job for Dr Chow and we should find someone else with expertise in this area. Then why does genesis fertility clinic use Dr.Chow then tell us to find someone better with experience in this area of fertility. I then went to Greece to get the fertility work done and in under ten minutes the urologist in Greece found a round cyst the size of a toonie which almost doubled the size of my nut. He removed it and aspirated sperm with a needle with no problem but with the cyst and the infectious state of my nuts the sperm quality was very poor. This resulted in miscarriage because of Dr Chow missing the original problem after two visits. One of these visits was the surgery. Even after failure with the first sperm retrieval he was pushing to go ahead and do it again without any further investigation as to why the count was so low and why we were unable to freeze them. At this point he should have investigated the cause. If he had, he would have finally noticed the cyst and treated it accordingly. Now we are left broke and heart broken. Anyone considering this type of work should seek out someone with expertise in the area of fertility to avoid the trauma of a failed pregnancy. Was he only concerned about the money? So willing to do the surgery again without investigating. His reply to us on why this happened was" I don't know why, this has never happened before. " maybe because he is a new doctor and has experience like genesis fertility clinic said. Please research your Dr. well if this is the type of treatment you need.Would not recommend Dr Chow at all.It was very expensive with nothing to show for anything spent,not to mention physically and emotionally painful.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

This is a kind a caring doctor. Dad has been his patient for over ten years and sings Dr. Chow's praises constantly. I accompanied Dad for an appointment this month and can see why he is impressed. He is smart and very friendly, and makes you feel at ease despite the seriousness of the illness. Thank you Dr. Chow for looking after my family.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

It has been over a year, still no follow up from him on a an ultrasound and exam from him. His original guess was also proven wrong. Very poor professional, too busy to take the time to examine properly.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

I had stomack pain for months and had seen 3 other doctors who couldn't figure it out. My family doctor thought that I might have a kidney stone and sent me to Dr. Chow. Right away he found a cancer in my testicle that everyone else had missed. Dr. Chow saved my life.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

This doctor did not take my concerns seriously. I have since been diagnosed with terminal cancer. His remarks in his report was totally condicending.Had he been open-minded and professional he might have saved my life. Sleep well jerk.

Submitted June 11, 2014

Referred to Dr. Chow following high PSA test and physical exam of prostrate. I was impressed with Dr. Chow and placed my trust in his advice. Met with him a 2nd time with my wife and he was very patient and thorough in his explanation of options and outcomes. He performed a radical Prostratectomy in early April and I have been very impressed with his follow-up practises. I would not hesitate at all in recommending Dr. Chow for his high degree of professionalism and empathetic approach.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

My GP referred me to Dr. Chow as she was suspicious I might have a prostate problem. From the moment I set eyes on him, I liked and trusted him - cheerful, extremely nice, and very very professional. He dictated his report to my GP as I sat there! Goodness, never had such transparency and open-ness. Most refreshing. He is, for me, nothing short of first class. He told me like it is and I was very happy with him on all aspects. Having lived all over the world, BC medical is - for me - in a class by itself. We are lucky to have such professionals as Dr. Chow,

flag | Submitted August 12, 2013

Dr. Victor Chow's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Chow was a very pleasant man in all regards. I saw Dr. Chow for a fertility exam thru genesis fertility clinic in Vancouver as I had a vasectomy and he was..."

May 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This is a kind a caring doctor. Dad has been his patient for over ten years and sings Dr. Chow's praises constantly. I accompanied Dad for an appointment this..."

November 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "It has been over a year, still no follow up from him on a an ultrasound and exam from him. His original guess was also proven wrong. Very poor professional, t..."

October 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Chow was extremely informative and supportive in explaining the disease and the options that i had in dealing with it. Just an amazing xcellent physician! "

September 2, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V7G1" to "V7L 2P7". Address has been updated from "None" to "123 15th St E". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16049878171".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "did not tell me about nerve grafting radical prostatectomy asked 3 times left with choice non nerve sparing or dasth let you die rather than tell ..."

April 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Victor is a great doctor. I much prefer him to other urologists I have seen before. He is always punctual, helpful and friendly. Highly recommended!"

March 27, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "after multiple visits, he didnt know what my problem was and told me to go visit my family doctor who initially referred me to him!"

December 1, 2014