Ratings for Dr. Andrew Stewart

I was blessed to have Dr. Stewart as my OB during my high-risk twin pregnancy. We experienced several scary moments and Dr. Stewart and his staff were nothing short of exceptional. He was kind, calm and reassuring and supported me physically and emotionally. When I had to be referred to doctors in Toronto for joint care due to a complication, Dr. Stewart went out of his way to check in with us prior to our first appointment and even sent us a reassuring text message the morning of our first appointment. I trusted him entirely and felt he was very attentive. My boy’s delivery was traumatic, but Dr. Stewart put me at ease and was focused on what was best for all three of us. I will forever be grateful for Dr. Stewart.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

I found it extremely frustrating to be a patient of Dr. Stewart. He is a pleasant enough person and has a jovial personality at times, but he lacks attention to detail and his office is disorganized. His receptionist can be rather snippy, but his nurses are his generally pleasant. He misread an ultrasound report once and almost put me through an unnecessary procedure as a result. He was absent for the majority of my prenatal appointments, and had poor followup l. He did not take me seriously when I complained of gestational diabetes symptoms (which I ended up being correct about and needed insulin for). He also downplayed my high blood pressure (It was 156/123 and he said not to worry until it was 160....although it ended up putting me into early labour), he missed tying my tubes when I requested it with one of his locum physicians, and his receptionist was snotty with me then when I wasn’t keen on an IUD. I guess patient choice in birth control doesn’t count. On another note, I ended up finally getting a diuretic from another doctor who was horrified Dr. Stewart had refused me any many days post-delivery. (I ended up peeing 32 lbs of retained fluid almost 2 weeks after my c section, from horrifically painful fluid retention that he wouldn’t help me with). I felt continuously dismissed with my concerns and was left in pain frequently with a general attitude that my medical concerns weren’t legitimate or valid...if you suffer anxiety of any other pre/post-partum mental health symptom expect to be disregarded. Apparently it’s then a blanket situation that you couldn’t possibly have other concurrent medical issues. (Example: My blood pressure was high and I had resulting severe migraines for days. He disregarded my request for help with that, and when I finally went to the 4th floor triage at the hospital for it the other OB’s on call were horrified it wasn’t addressed and I was admitted into hospital and given morphine for the pain). So lesson learned: if you hve a straight forward pregnancy you’re likely in great care and all is ok. If you present any other issues you’re definitely taking your chances. I really wish I had sought care from other OB’s who have demonstrated greater professionalism and commitment to patient care and well-being.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2018

This doctor saved my life! Thanks also to the resident doctor! Very progressive and advanced. This doctor understands the importance of quality of life.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2018

This is my 2nd pregnancy and doctor Stewart has been nothing but the best. Best bedside manner, super helpful and very thorough,

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

He’s a nice person to have as OB/GYN he say me when he was not on call to see me and my daughter to see if we were ok he really nice if you need someone I think you should go to him

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

Dr. Andrew Stewart is a very nice guy. He always takes his time to answer any question I have.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

The staff is very friendly. Dr Andrew Stewart is super knowledgeable and very nice.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

Worst doctor I have ever had. He knew I formed preeclampsia around 23 weeks pregnant and didn’t think to mention it. When I would bring it up he would deny it. Because of his carelessness at 33 weeks I ended up having seizures from the preeclampsia and almost ended up dying. My daughter was born through emergency c section. Before the procedure he was making inappropriate jokes. I honestly wouldn’t recommend this arrogant man to anyone !!!!!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

He is amazing. Very caring and went above my expectations. I would recommend him for sure. I have had several o.b.'s through my multiple pregnancies and he is the best by far.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

Dr Stewart Andrew is rude and disrespectful towards women and needs to hire better receptionists, terrible experience every time, wouldn't recommend this to anybody

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017