Ratings for Dr. Serge Lessard

J’ai été référé par mon médecin de famille au Dr Lessard car ma première thérapeute ne pouvait plus m’aider. J’ai aussi apprise par après qu’elle n’etait même pas psychologue ma thérapeute. Elle était une conseillère et je croyais qu’elle pouvait remplir mes papiers d’assurance. Ma compagnie d’assurance ma montré qu’elle n’était pas qualifiée. Depuis je vois Dr Lessard. Il a pu me donner mon vrai diagnostic et me traiter avec de la psychologie aussi.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

Saw Dr. Lessard in consult. My family doctor told me to go and feel confident that he would help me. He told me he had a family member that had consulted him and that Dr Lessard had “fixed him up real good”

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

This doctor save my life! I will be forever grateful to him!!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

Mon médecin de famille m'a référé au Dr Lessard quelques mois passés pour clarifier mon diagnostique et pour un traitement. J'ai été surprise d'entendre qu'un psychiatre offrait aussi de la psychothérapie. Je croyais qu'un psychiatre était une personne qui donnait des médicaments et qu'un psychologue donnait de la psychothérapie. Pour mon cas, il m'a fait comprendre qu'une combinaison médicament/psychothérapie était la meilleur approche. Il me rencontre a chaque semaine pour une durée de 60 a 90 minutes et m'aide a reformuler mes pensées et revoit ma medication. Je suis tellement mieux depuis et je tenais a le remercier.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Dr. Lessard took care of me and my insurance company that had denied my claim. He called them in front of me and sent then a letter even if they didn’t ask for a report from him. He said he wanted to reduce my stress as I had not been paid for months. Working 1 week, my claim was approved

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

After years of being "ok" and seeing different mental health professionals, Dr. Lessard took over my care. He met me 3 times before giving me what he thought was my diagnosis. The first time I saw him, I was a bit frustrated as I thought he would give me my diagnosis and start to treat me right away. He made me understand that the worse thing he could do was to rush in giving me a diagnosis when he wasn't sure what it was and to treat without sufficient information. I appreciate now how much he was respectful in doing that. He's now treating me with psychotherapy and much less medication. He gave me something that my family doctor never had heard about before. I felt good taking it because he showed me what the medication was and how it worked. He also told me what to expect from it and possible side effects. He told me how we would deal with these if they would occur. I am much better and my family said the same. I hope he will continue to see me as I never want to fall again.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

I initially was referred to him by a friend that was already his patient. He accepted to see me as I was not getting better with my previous psychiatrist that kept just pushing medication. Dr Lessard was able to pull me out of my severe depression by combining psychotherapy and his medication expertise. He will use humour and wisdom to make some sessions lighter and to make you feel more comfortable. My family and I are so grateful. He met with my wife and I as he felt that it was important to include the family in the treatment plan. I highly recommend DR Lessard. KD

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Dr. Lessard saved my life. I am not sure what I would have done with out him. He is the most understanding, compassionate doctor I have seen. He took the time to help me and never rushed me. He challenged me on my good days and I can never express how thankful I am to have him guiding me through my struggles. An amazing man!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

On top of being down to earth and truly wanting to help me, he is a genius with research on the leading edge of psychiatry that has potential to help countless people.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Dr Lessard had been my psychiatrist for over 3 years. Contrary to my 2 previous psychiatrists, he never pushed me out the door. He has greatly reduced my medication, dealt with my side effects and helped understand my emotions. I was sad to hear that he was leaving the hospital

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017