Ratings for Dr. Serge Lessard

I have just started seeing Dr. Lessard and I am so appreciative of his time and expertise. He truly has a gift and a way of making you feel like you are his one true focus. He is so intelligent and personable. Even though he isn't always on time, you know that the person in there before you needs his time and he wants to give his all to every patient. He truly is an amazing soul.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Dr. Lessard is an amazing Psychiatrist, He is kind, caring, and he has helped me so much and is an amazing motivator, self esteem booster, very intelligent. It has been a honor having his support and Expertise. Thank you thank you thank you so much you are amazing!!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

Dr. Lessard is a wonderful man who, I feel, has found his calling. The passion he has for his field is felt every time one sees him. When I first came into his office, I felt like he was my last hope. I had given up on myself but not on the ones I loved. He helped me see my strengths and offered the tools that I needed so that I could finally start moving forwards with my life. Without the help of Dr. Lessard, I am sure that my life would be extremely different today and not for the best. I see myself as the person I truly am and how life truly should be. I thank each day for having had the privilege of meeting such a wonderful man.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Dr Lessard took the time to fully review my history and contacted my family for additional information. He spent over 2 hours to review and explain his treatment plan. He made sure that I understood his approach which was not only about medication, but also therapy. He answered my questions and invited to take time before deciding what I wanted to do. Amazing and very human Doctor.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

I was two times dr. Serge Lessard's patient : in 12.13.2014 and 01.30.2015. He is very very very good therapist, humane and very knowledgeable. He cares about everything. think is the best psychiatrist in ottawa. Thank you dr. S. Lessard , you save my life and my family. I.T./ 02.20.2015/Ottawa

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Dr. Lessard is an incredible doctor and a beautiful human being - any patient of his is incredibly fortunate to be in his care. His wait list may be long and he sometimes runs behind schedule, but knowing that he's spending the time that's needed with each patient, myself included, makes you feel valued and important, and shows that his priority is helping you for as long as is needed. He is incredibly compassionate and patient, he is able to explain the chemistry and physical processes clearly without making you feel inferior, and he is extremely knowledgeable. He is fair and very empathetic to any situation or emotion and he is eager to provide help and support. I don't know how I managed without him, but I'm so very grateful for all of his efforts and help.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Extremely intelligent and very understanding. Dr. Lessard is by far the only doctor that I have been to who honestly knows an incredible amount of knowledge, and understands when a person has many mental issues how they interact together. He understands how you feel inside, and takes the time to explain it to you. Although he is one of the top doctors with an giant waiting list he still takes the time to make sure your doing ok before you leave. He actually cares, and that's what makes a difference between him and the rest.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

I have been treated by Dr. Lessard for the last 6 months. I have had a number of health issues and have had to see many different specialists. He is by FAR the BEST doctor I have met in a very long time. He is a walking encyclopedia of science and he has helped me understand what I have been struggling with for a very long time. He is extremely busy and if you meet you will understand why. Thank you for caring about your patients and giving us a real change to be happy.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

Very human. He cares. Excellent therapist. Always makes me reflect on important issues.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

I only started going to Dr. Lessard recently, but I am very impressed. He spoke to me like an equal, explained the neurology and pharmacology of my situation in great detail, and cut to the heart of the problem right away. In many ways he has helped me more in two visits than my previous practitioners did in several years. However, you'll have to cut him some slack around accessibility and punctuality. He's on call for psychiatric emergencies in a big hospital, so don't expect your appointments to be in at 12:30 and out at 1:30 on the dot. That doesn't bother me in the least, considering how much he has helped me already.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013