Ratings for Dr. J Scott Major

I had the best experience today with the entire staff and doctor. I can't say enough about how great I was treated today. So polite, even fun, if you can believe that! The doctor spent time with me answering my questions, comforting my nervousness. So grateful!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

I wish I had read these reviews before going to him.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

My experience with Dr. Major has always been comforting. People are so much more prone to find fault, but my experiences have always been pleasant and he has gone out of his way to be 'there' for me. If you notice, these bad reports seem to be about one a year...I wish you could see him through my eyes and my heart. I am 84, and happy to call him 'my doctor'. I would give him a five star rating, if I could figure out how to do it...but I can't find the right button to push.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

This was really bad. His attitude towards you is very nonchalant. For the entire visit he literally cannot stand to listen to anything you say and you can tell he is in a hurry to leave as soon as he gets there. I did tests. Afterwards there was a month where no one got back to me. I called repeatedly and got nothing. Finally I had to go there in person to get anyone to speak to me. When I get there the receptionists tells me that there is a notice posted somewhere that says "if you don't hear anything back, then just assume you are OK". That is not the approach someone wants when trying to check for what could be a serious condition. Even then, someone would usually take you through the results and tell you if there is something that needs addressing even if the result is negative. He told me there would be follow ups and recommendations about issues that he could suggest someone another doctor. He didn't remember anything from our appointment. Even during the visit where I had to barge in and see him, he only scribbled some notes about my still occurring issues and made some tired promise to call me back about them. I know he won't follow through. The office staff could care less also. The whole operation is a meat factory with enough volume to where they could care less if you are happy or relieved. I'm at the age where I should go to the Dr. more, but this experience makes it seem like a pointless endeavor.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

I wouldn't let him work on even a stuffed animal! RUN...

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

I am appalled by the lack of care by Dr. Major. He is extremely uncaring and unprofessional. I saw him for a high fever and sore throat. He did the most minimal physical exam. The lab test that were preformed he never called back on. The antibiotic he prescribed gave me an allergic reaction. He would never return my calls about getting a new medicine or for treatment for the allergic in my mouth due to the medicine. I ended up going to the ER several days later and being treated for a severe kidney infection. Something Dr. Major never even addressed. He is incompetent. Run as far away from this practice as you can!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

He has forgotten what it means to be a doctor and what a life really means. Inattention to medical needs, lack of caring, assuming instead of testing. And really what difference does it make what ins. co or $ amt? Insurance coverage was not the issue. Majors was the issue.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

Within moments identified head trauma, referred me for scan. When I did not return to his office following scan, called me at home. Immediate referral to neurosurgeon. Saved my life with his highly developed diagnostic skills!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

depends highly on self diagnosis! If you think that is what is wrong with you then that has got to be it is the way my last three visits went. no examination, just a couple unrelated questions. Wow, I am finding a new doctor.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

These two visits to this Dr. were totally worthless. He has yet to examine the area of pain, he did not do any x-rays. He never ask me what my level of pain was. On my first visit, he gave me steroids and said I had bursitus. And on this visit, he gave me a anti-inflamatory drug. They made no attempt to follow up with me after my appointment. They ask for their $15. co-pay before you ever get past the first desk. He has signs posted in at least two of the exam rooms that say, please limit your concerns to 3 primary conditions per visit. I will never visit this Dr again or recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

Dr. J Scott Major's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Top Hospitals in Hermitage, TN