Ratings for Dr. Richard E. Lippman

Dr is the one of the best and really cares about you. You need to ask questions and he can answer them. He has a lot of experience and is very personal once you know him. The store staff is a little Quirky, however. Store needs to upgrade the Dr's office and facilities for patients.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2010

I have seen Dr. Lippman for years, and I believe that he is been one of the best optometrists that I've ever seen. He is very careful and takes a lot of time with his patients. Only one time did I feel that my prescription was not quite right in one eye. In that case, Dr. Lippman carefully re-examined my vision, and wrote a new prescription. The store did not charge me for either the second examination or the new lense. In general, I have been very happy with Dr. Lippman's work and would highly recommend him if you are particular about getting a good refractory prescription. At for the Eyeland store, the atmosphere is casual and very informal, which is relaxing unless you're in a hurry. But although the service is a little slow, the staff are generally very polite and accomodating.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2006

The doctor couldn’t do lens fitting properly. He gave me lenses with -2.75 strength, whereas his prescription stated -3.0. When I requested to exchange the lenses they couldn’t figure out what power needed b/c of that discrepancy. The manager was rude, essentially wasn't willing to talk and failed to provide the return and exchange policy. He exchanged more expensive brand for less expensive one and issued no apology for messing things up, nor ANY compensation. The exchange brand he gave was in fact SAMPLES, so he basically put my money in his pocket! Besides the kennel they operate in is dirty and equipment is obsolete. I can only recommend staying away from such an "eye clinic"

flag | Submitted August 1, 2006