Ratings for Dr. Michael V. Bourn

Sounds like a real azzhat! Not getting my Ins. Going to look for a sweet Dr. Karma DR MONSTER BOURN'S

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

I went to see Dr. Bourn for the first time today. I found none of the negative comments to be true. I have cancer. He knew I was not there just looking for pain meds. My husband was with me, and we both were impressed with the time he took with us, listening to our concerns and addressing them, explaining his methods and ideals. He was upbeat. I don't consider that loud, rude or intimidating. I find it comforting. I was referred to him by my oncologist. I have to say that when I read all of the negativity, I was a bit skeptical of him. I am glad I had the mindset to see for myself. We'll see how future appointments go, but I feel that I am in the right hands.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Office staff very helpful. Dr.Bourn spent a great deal of time understanding my needs. I have found the right way to pain management.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

asked for my records and he tore them up and trashed them took me off my pain meds to blackmail me into $1750.00 steroid injections and when i asked him about cuting off me pain medsd he said smart assed live ewith it

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

Office staff was talking and ignoring me upon sign in, office manager Cindy was rude and did not have a CLUE about what I was there for or my insurance. She seemed bothered by my questions. Dr. Bourn was simply arrogant. Unwilling to spend more than 5 minutes with me. Would not suggest my dog go there

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

Very impressive physician and staff. Office manager went above and beyond to explain next steps in treatment. Dr. Bourn really took his time with me and I feel comfortable that I am on the right path to feeling better.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

Mr Bourn is one of the worst in the medical profession. He has no respect for patients and in return does not deserve the patients respect. He is rude, loud, and vindictive. Does not listen to his patients and will never admit that he can make a mistake. If you question him in any way he gets very loud and defensive. He like to put the patients down, especially if he has a resident following him around for a day. Mr. Bourn does not know his specialty and has no desire to learn. The pain management specialty does not have a Board nor requires the doctor to take a test in order to practice. He tries to hide his lack of knowledge by being very loud and by trying to intimidate his patients. Please do yourself a favor and do all you can to NOT schedule with this man. His staff has the same attitude as he has. If you do have to go to him, watch out what you say to his staff as they run to him as fast as they can to tell him of any comments you might make that are negative.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

flag | Submitted December 22, 2013

Dr. Bourn's bedside manner is atrocious to say the least. He fails to listen to patient concerns and complaints, almost to the point of aggression and then issues an “atypical” diagnosis in a patients medical records just from my personal review of my own medical records with Ohio Health. Dr. Bourn projects an icy, or even a rude demeanor. A poor bedside failing to realize manner does affect a patient’s emotional disposition; it does heighten any anxiety, and it certainly ensures difficulty in forming a positive bond with a professional who’s in a field that’s supposed to alleviate illness. Dr. Bourn seems to be in the process of “dehumanization” which lies behind an unfortunate patient-doctor rapport. Dehumanization in his medical decision-making seems to give way to a very mechanical method of thinking; problems are often solved and issues are fixed without recognizing the patient’s experience especially living with chronic illness and emotional feelings.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2013

lunatic when he finally showed. face when from white to pink to red to purple. how dare a paying patient question mr bourns quack-quack. i did and was humiliated , screamed at and told, "my way or the highway", when i questioned withdrawing he just stomped out of the filthy room like a two year old who had his lollipop taken away. . be scared. be very scared of this thing that so needs ADVANCED BEYOND BELIEF ANGER MANAGEMENT. i'm sure he has violence in his past. he's not a doctor by an he's a personality asassin. belittling, says all you pain is in your head. must get good kick backs from psycoogist he refers. RUN AWAY. STAY. WARN ALL FRIENDS AND EVEN ENEMIES. LOOOOOOOOOOOOSE CANNON. THREE, TWO, ONE.....BOOUUURRRRNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2013

Dr. Michael V. Bourn's Credentials

• Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1999)