Ratings for Dr. Karen Bir

I am reluctant to leave such a terrible review but my experience ( 2 appointments ) was simple appalling. You should read the reviews , good and bad , and you will see there is clearly a pattern and it is not good at all . Dr Bir was rude , unsympathetic but perhaps more importantly did not listen , seemed disinterested or worse unknowledgeable , and just told me what she seems to have memorized . Anyways , I have a new specialist and it is like night and day. Best health to all.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2019

Avoid if you can; I agree with the poor reviews as she is very dismissive

flag | Submitted October 15, 2019

I think it’s difficult to rate a doctor, since our approach has a lot to do with the overall experience. I am not maintaining anonymity since many people accuse the positive reviews as ‘fakes’, from the doctor)s friends. My name is Maria Hachey, and I am a real patient of Dr. Bir. My experience has been excellent. My GP diagnosed my rheumatoid arthritis from a blood test, so, with me, it wasn’t a case to diagnose. Dr Bir discussed with me the treatment with biological drugs, and I agreed to proceed. Since then, I have had no more pain. I continue with the biological under her supervision. She answers all my questions and she is as knowledgeable as professional.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2019

She was really great! I was hesitant as I had seen some reviews but I didn’t want that to influence someone’s livelihood and to be honest I was too lazy to ask for another referral. But honestly she was great, punctual, friendly, had a laugh, gave me some advice and scheduled all necessarily additional work and follow ups. I bet people on here are just intimidated by her - she’s not your average doctor! She’s obviously dealing with patients that have suffering of pain and joint issues but she is a specialized rheumatologist so it’s possible they were hoping for her to diagnose their issues but it wasn’t related to rheumatoid and they need to go back to their family doctor for another specialist. I don’t know I can’t explain someone else’s experience but for a first visit I thought she was helpful and nice.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2019

she is not a doctor who should be treating patients whose condition for the most part is extremely painful and very debilitating at times. She clearly has a high opinion of herself and has a terrible bedside manner. She does not listen and does not appreciate anything a patient might be feeling or saying I have gone to another referral and the difference was night and day.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2019

Simply terrible experience. Most of negative comments are what I experienced. Don’t want to get into more than that as I think it would be unfair. Strongly recommend asking for another referral !

flag | Submitted June 12, 2019

Two words ... worst ever !!! Dr Bir is rude , insensitive , has no people skills and seems to want you to not say anything or ask any questions. And to top it off she clearly is not even a good doctor. Avoid at all costs !! She will not only not help you but she will make you feel like you just had a root canal , and you will feel like you wasted your time. Never ever have I met someone as cold and self absorbed and lacking in knowledge and compassion. And she is a so called doctor who is supposed to help people feel and get better ?

flag | Submitted June 9, 2019

I read the bad reviews and gave her a chance anyway but she does not care at all about helping people. She basically just told me to keep doing what I’m doing. I told her it wasn’t working and asked for medication or to refer me to someone else and she said to do Pilates. What a waste of time.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2019

Saw Dr. Bit this am for the first time. Found her both pleasant and thorough .got my questions answered to my satisfaction. Would absolutely recommend this Dr to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2019

I very much disagree with the negative reviews here. I've had 2 appointments: all very punctual despite a full waiting room. She's very patient and explains complex issues coherently. She hasn't been afraid to reopen my case -or investigate formerly closed avenues of investigation - in order to find answers. She gives bad news in a "matter of fact" but compassionate manner. She even cracks a joke or two. She's one of the best specialists (in any field) that I've seen in Toronto. Top marks for professionalism.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2019