Ratings for Dr. Magued Selwanes

he was so rude it was almost comical. He doesn't greet you or say 'have a seat' or anything, just kind of stares at you as you walk in. He kept interrupting me and not letting me finish if it took more than a couple seconds to read a line of letters etc. I explained to him that the glasses on my face were not my most recent prescription and showed him that the ones in my case were just broken but he wasn't listening and kept comparing my current sight to the prescription on the glasses I came in wearing. I got paranoid that he might have not cared enough to get my prescription right and then I found these reviews, so I decided to have my most recent prescription from a few months ago from my optometrist back home faxed to the Hakim office to have them use that in my new frames instead. Not worth it. Wouldn't recommend.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

He is now working from Walmart Whitby. I will never go back or recommend him either. Rushes through the exam, at one point told me I just guess the letters. Wrote my prescription on a piece of paper and said "you can go now"

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

Dr.Selwanes did not call me by my first or last name, just said follow me. Everyone else was called by their last name. Stated a problem and the medications I take. He is not my medical doctor and that is really none of his business. Photocopied my Disability number and drug benefit. I have a Disability and he did not explain anything. Have a prescription for lens, he stated I don't need any lens, my eye sight is fine. My left eye is blurry. Put drops in my eyes for diabetes, then went back in and he blinded me in my left eye twice. I said enough and left. What's it to him to actually help? I don't think he likes disabled white fat females from Canada. If no prescription - see another doctor. Mean person - to me anyways. I appreciate the fact an eye exam is there, it's the people doing them.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

This doctor was very thorough and thoughtful he answered all my questions and explaind all is actions.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

The optometrist did not give me the time of day since I have an eye condition that OHIP covers and he said just by looking at me, without an exam, that I didn't have a condition so I'd have to pay. He was very rude, condenscending so I walked out. I later found out that Optometrists get paid a tad more money if the patient pays out-of-pocket rather than with OHIP coverage. I found better care elsewhere. Would not suggest him to my dog!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2011