Ratings for Dr. Kapal Datta

Dr Datta is the first psych dr I have seen, outside of a therapist, who actually takes time to find out what the patient's underlying issues are. I saw him at my primary doc's suggestion for ADHD and mild depression. He did talk to me about my diet and suggested a diet he worked with for the air force. He did not say the diet would change my life, and mostly talked about eating more often and eating more protien. The more balanced diet is to help the body work at its best. When he recommends meds he does not force the patient to take them, they are what he thinks will benefit the patient. He did give me a PTSD diagnosis which I've learned is not as uncommon as I thought. I think that he is one of the better docs out there and plan to continue to see him.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2011

Dr Datta is an exceptional doctor. My first visit with him was amazing. He heard me. Did he precribe medication? yes, but that was to help me calm down so that I could think. The medicine helped me stay calm so that I can really think about what my issues are. I thank Dr Datta for his patience. The next time I see him, I'm going to ask about that diet because you are what you eat and I thank God I found a doctor that understands the relationship between diet and mental wellbeing.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

Dr. Kapal Datta is, in my opinion, a very good Dr. If I were to become aware that a close relative or family member needed help as I did, I would feel quite comfortable recommending him. He is patient, unrushed, and listens. Perhaps because of this, remember to bring some reading material on the day of your appointment! More often than not, you will wait. This could be a side issue for most people, but do be aware that "Psych Care Consultants" as of this date (March 2011) does send out envelopes (when they need to be sent out) with their name visible in the return address. In other words, say you owe a bit on your co-pay. In a few weeks, you will receive an envelope addressed to you, with their name in the upper left hand corner. If you live with people who don't know all your business, it could be a problem. If you are interested in seeing Dr. Datta, you might call Psych Care Consultants and ask if they still do this.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

Dr Datta is direct and to the point. Yes, he does prescribe meds and it may be 3,4 or more. but with me it has been "as needed" Every medication has always been started off with the lowest dose! So, zanax (when needed). Ambien (when needed) Kolonapin (lowest dose and to take 1/2 of one 2 times a day) not bad at all! Most doctors will prescribe a high level of MG's and get your brain completely messed up right off the bat. He will ease you into anything and never overdose your body. Life is very stressful and as he puts it "these are temporary methods to cope with the daily routine of stress." He always makes me smile, if I come in on a very bad day he has me write down all that is bothering me and then goes through each one on how to cope or to look at the brighter side of the situation. I am 34 yrs old and have never felt better, slept better and with the "diet" issue. Yes, I got the scoop on that. But he concentrates on his patients being aware of what goes in our bodies! He cares!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2010

Horrible doctor! Seemed like he only cared about getting paid and drugging me! Also, his staff was awful and rude.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2010

Dr. Dtta was very knowledgable and helpful. He listened to me and asked several questions. I will absolutely continue to see him.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

Dr. Data appeared to be a very knowledgeable and experienced doctor who took the time to talk about his education and experience at the beginning of our first appointment. I liked how his approach included a look at my diet and doing a blood work up to check for possible medical concerns. I think he made many astute obsevations about my situation. But after talking with me for twenty minutes at our initial meeting, he wanted to put me on five (!) medicines right off the bat without being willing to take the time to fully explain why and to answer my concerns about interaction or side effects. I was okay with medicine but that was too much, too fast.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

Dr. Datta has been very helpful even to the point of helping me out with medications that my insurance wouldn't cover. He takes time to listen to my problems and has praised the progress I have made. I feel better under his care than I have in a long time and my family has definitely noticed the improvement I've made. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2008

I went to Dr. Datta for help with depression and anxiety, and spend a hour listening to him rant on about some diet he learned about in the british air force. Then he told me I am suffering from PTSD, which is completely crazy, to which he prescribed 4 drugs which I would never take. If you want to waste your time, see this doctor. If you want real help, find someone else.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2008

I have been seeing Dr. Datta for almost 10 years for chronic depression. He has been exceptionally helpful, and is a real source of peace of mind for me. He is always available, and takes as much time as I need (which I don't abuse). He cares about the total wellbeing of his patients. Overcoming mental illness is not always easy, wether you are using medications, therapy...or both. Finding a psychiatrist is like finding a good pair of shoes...if the fit isn't right get a new pair...if it is right, its a very comfortable feeling. Dr. Datta is definately a comfortable fit for me...I did the work to recover and be stable, and he provided the coaching, support, and expertise to help me be successful. I highly recommend him. Getting well is up to you!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2007

Dr. Kapal Datta's Credentials

• Med Coll, Guru Nanak Dev Univ, Amritsar, Punjab, India (Grad. 1952)

Oxford