Ratings for Dr. Eleanor van Veenhuyzen

Horrific doctor. Mentally and physically abusive. Very slow and likes to call other doctors and talk horrifically about other patients on the phone. No patient doctor confidentiality what so ever. She has been reported by many many patients and even nurses. She has been in trouble with the doctors board as well. I strongly advise anyone from ever seeing her.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2018

very unpleasant and rude spent more time badmouthing another dr there than doing her job,her constant ranting and raving about other dr's was uncalled for and very unprofessional

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

Hands down my worst experience with a Dr ever! She did not care to try to help me, and was very rude. I’ll never go back to the daysland clinic because of her

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

When I was pregnant with my first child she was the doctor they could fit me in to see. I was waiting to see her an hour past my appointment time. Finally got into a room and waited another half an hour. Finally she decided to grace me with her presence. She did my exam and at the end she told me I had an STD and I would have to go for more testing. She then proceeded to tell me that my baby would be “retarded” (her words not mine) because I hadn’t been taking my prenatal vitamins till i found out I was expecting. She told me I must do the genetic testing for the baby and be ready to have an abortion if there was anything wrong. I told her I wouldn’t be getting an abortion and she kept telling me that was so stupid and nieve of me. She then told me I have a thyroid condition and had to call 2 other doctors to figure out how to perscribe me synthroid. She had a lovely chat with them and takes about the vacation she was recently on all while I was sitting there waiting for my prescription. Finally got the prescription and was on my way. Got the additional tests done and Turns out I didn’t have an STD like she said. Happy to say i gave birth to a beautiful baby girl and she was perfectly healthy. I have had some other terrible experiences with her this was just the straw that broke the camels back and I will never go back to her. The lack of compassion and knowledge if astounding with this woman, do not trust her.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

I have always had wonderful experiences in Daysland until this.. Horrible doctor and horrible person. If she doesn’t know (which she usually doesn’t) she will tell you it’s all in your head. She sent us away without even looking at the 4 year old we brought to see her. She wouldn’t look at her or talk to us at all. Poor girl ended up having a very serious seizure on our way to camrose hospital.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

If your life matters to you, please see another dr. Worst experience in my life and I can only hope and pray no one gets hurt on her watch.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Dr. Eleanor lacks integrity, compassion, respect for patients and family , and is totally unprofessional!! I feel sorry for the staff at Daysland Hospital that have to work with her.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Rude big headed and heart less are a few words I can come up with after she refused a 4 year old girl In emergency she said it was A waste of her time to check her I had to drive to camrose hospital daughters fever was 39 by that time. their is a special Firey spot below for this lady I only hope she gets someone with equal compassion when she's sick and dying all alone in some dirty hospital room I hope they take your licence away you pig

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Dr. Eleanor is rude. She does not have the patients best interest in mind when dealing with them. She has an agenda and does not care about the people she 'cares' for. She threatens young children with needles and hospital stays to try and get them to let her do what she wants. She should not be allowed to be a dr. Her lack of respect and compassion is disgusting.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

She doesn't give her patients the opportunity to explain how they are feeling, she is very rude. I seen her twice with in two days at emergency as I was very very sick, both times she sent me home and did absolutely nothing for me. I booked an appt with another doctor the next day and it was determined that I had pneumonia........so you come to your own conclusions with those facts! I rate this MD a - 5!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017