Ratings for Dr. J. Steven Widner

Dr. widner changed my life. I had a double jaw surgery, with a double jaw joint arthroplasty. My teeth fit together perfect and I know longer have pain or clicking in my joints. I am out of pain and very satisfied with the turnout.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Very bad bedside manner. Refused to stop or slow down even though I was begining to to have a severe anxiety attack. Then when the proceedure was done he continued to come in the room, not to check on me but to chastize me for waiting so long to have a wisdom tooth removed. sending me into further anxiety. Also, chastised me for only seeing one when problems occure. If I can find another dentist to do my follow up visit, you can bet I will NEVER go back to him! When all was said and done, I recieved no instruction on how to take care of the area where the tooth was removed, (thank God for the internet!) I was only told to EXPECT that I would have dry socket.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

Here's the guy who insisted I sue another oral surgeon. He then replaced my missing jaw joints with "stock" TMJI prostheses(not supposed to do this). He also neglected to put enough screws in there to affix the joints and they have been moving/see-saw-ing about in my head for about 15 years. The amount of pain is horrendous. He ALSO performed a surgery I had refused, a nosejob. I did not know until less than a year ago that I have a PLATE in my maxillary sinus but did know that my nose is crooked AND that I cannot breathe through it. My dentist and fam.doc. both filed complaints re: Widner for not giving me any pain meds following multiple surgeries. WHen the nose job was done, I called the office to state that I was bleeding uncontrollably via rt. nare and food was coming out through there when I could eat. I was not told what had been done; just to NOT BLOW MY NOSE! To cap it off, the jerk sent me a letter firing me as his patient (right in midst of new surgical plan). STAY WWAY!!!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2007