Dr. Gavin Wood

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Gavin Wood

Dr. Wood was unsure about my diagnosis before operating. Upon performing the surgery, the injury to my hip was not what he originally thought, so he closed and did not complete any repairs. When I awoke after surgery, the nurse said “he didn’t fix it” and that was all the information I was given. I called numerous times to get some insight into what had happened, and his staff said that he would call me back each time, but he never did. At my one month post-op follow up, I expected to get some answers. Instead, Dr. Wood was not even at the appointment as he was travelling, and the physician present was not even in my surgery. Two months post-op I had another follow up, and all Dr. Wood said was that there was nothing else he could do for me. My injuries remain unresolved; I had a needless surgery and a terrible experience. I also found him condescending and impatient at times.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2018

On July 20th of 2018 I underwent double hip surgery Dr. Wood did an amazing job using what's called the Hybrid , I had zero pain after standing the day after surgery and after 3 and a half weeks I still am pain free and nearly walking without the help of canes , if you are in a situation requiring both hips to be done at the same time go for it you will not be dissapointed with the work and structured recovery of Dr.Gavin Wood . Sincerely Dave Ashbridge , walking like I never have before 😊

flag | Submitted August 13, 2018

I wish I could give 6 stars!! After having 5 hip surgeries with another surgeon, I was sent to Dr. Wood by my GP in Ottawa. Honestly, I couldn't be happier to jump in my truck for the 2 hour drive. Dr. Wood is engaged, interested and does everything he can to diagnose and treat your problem correctly. I have a very complicated surgical history, yet he let me know that I was important and that my pain was real, and that he would unravel the problem. And he did. He treated me successfully with a revision THR surgery and is now investigating what appears to be a mild complication from my many previous surgeries. I trust him completely and know that my health and desire for a pain-free life is his priority. I must also say that my week-long stay at KGH was the best, most comfortable hospital stay that I have ever had!! The nurses were incredible, the food was delicious and I had a beautiful view of the water from my room. My family was always welcome and the staff were exceptional with them. I always look forward to seeing Dr. Wood and would highly recommend him to anybody in need of ortho surgery! Thank you Dr. Wood, and Christine!!! Warm regards, Claire Wise, Ottawa

flag | Submitted July 8, 2018

Dr. wood was very knowledgeable and my surgery went as expected. He was kind and explained everything to me with considerate knowledge.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Dr. Wood, although a very knowledgeable surgeon, leaves a lot to be desired. He certainly makes you feel like just a number not a patient. his bed side manner is severely lacking. He is rude and abrupt and unwilling to work within the patients means. If he would simply remember that his patients are people with feelings and who are living with painful issues who need someone to listen and help them the experience would be much better. stop rushing people out the door. stop having an intern do your job and then spending 5 seconds with your patient and telling them you don't have time for their questions. All I ask is that you try to remember there is a human being with feelings who is going through a lot at the other end of that joint you are examining. you expect them to be kind and respectful and they expect the same.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

He is an excellent surgeon, explains everything very well indeed. The communication through his secretary is quick and flawless. It is now a week after my surgery and everything is proceeding as expected. I am very happy with my treatment.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

A life changer! At the age of 40, another surgeon told me I would need to spend at least the next decade in pain until I was "old enough" to have a replacement surgery. Dr. Wood looked at my quality of life and booked me for surgery. I'm 4 months post op, and feel better than I have in 5 years. I can't say enough good things about him... he's extremely knowledgeable and highly skilled, with a very open approachable bedside manner. A true asset to the Kingston area!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Dr Wood is one of the best surgeons I have ever had. He's kind and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

After a total hip replacement I was pain free and mobile within only a few days. Love this guy!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

i was told from Dr.Carl Lee's office today that my hip bones are rough. and that is why i get so much pain some days i can't even walk and im only 35 and i due not play sports someone please tell me what you know .

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Dr. Gavin Wood's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

UnitedHealthcare