Dr. Gavin Wood

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Gavin Wood

Dr. Wood, although a very knowledgeable surgeon, leaves a lot to be desired. He certainly makes you feel like just a number not a patient. his bed side manner is severely lacking. He is rude and abrupt and unwilling to work within the patients means. If he would simply remember that his patients are people with feelings and who are living with painful issues who need someone to listen and help them the experience would be much better. stop rushing people out the door. stop having an intern do your job and then spending 5 seconds with your patient and telling them you don't have time for their questions. All I ask is that you try to remember there is a human being with feelings who is going through a lot at the other end of that joint you are examining. you expect them to be kind and respectful and they expect the same.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

He is an excellent surgeon, explains everything very well indeed. The communication through his secretary is quick and flawless. It is now a week after my surgery and everything is proceeding as expected. I am very happy with my treatment.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

A life changer! At the age of 40, another surgeon told me I would need to spend at least the next decade in pain until I was "old enough" to have a replacement surgery. Dr. Wood looked at my quality of life and booked me for surgery. I'm 4 months post op, and feel better than I have in 5 years. I can't say enough good things about him... he's extremely knowledgeable and highly skilled, with a very open approachable bedside manner. A true asset to the Kingston area!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Dr Wood is one of the best surgeons I have ever had. He's kind and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

After a total hip replacement I was pain free and mobile within only a few days. Love this guy!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

i was told from Dr.Carl Lee's office today that my hip bones are rough. and that is why i get so much pain some days i can't even walk and im only 35 and i due not play sports someone please tell me what you know .

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I had the most comfortable surgery and everyone was amazing i higjly recommend

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

I was sent to see a Ortho Sx in Toronto that had no answers for me. Told me that he could not find anything wrong with my hip. After seeing Dr Wood he gave me insight...there were many issues wrong with my hip including arthritis, hip dyspalsia, micro factures and synovial cysts. So now I am waiting for a THR and cant wait to be pain free! SK

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Dr. Wood is an exceptionally caring doctor. He gave me a full diagnosis promptly. It was such a relief for me as up until that point the diagnosis was not clear and that meant I had to live with the pain and it's serious impact on my life. Fortunately Dr. Wood is also collaborative practitioner so one of his colleges did the surgery (Dr. Harrison). I remain grateful to Dr. Woods for his part in my diagnosis and then my total hip replacement surgery which I had in late 2013. I am active again and enjoying life - Thank you (from me and my family). J. Green, Ottawa ON

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

I had my Arthroscopic hip surgery for a labral tear, June 10, 2015. He did an absolute amazing job. I came out of the surgery without any of the pain i previously had. I had slight discomfort from the surgery itself. Recovery had been wonderful and ahead of schedule. Feel better than i did before the injury. The wait is definitely worth waiting for Dr. Wood. He is by far one of the best in his field. Thank you to him and his staff, especially Christine.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

Dr. Gavin Wood's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients