Dr. Raoul Pope

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Raoul Pope

My GP swears by Dr Pope and I had no reason to doubt that trust. My lower back pain and sciatica was affecting me terribly. Nothing was working and I was in trouble. Dr Pope saw me 3 times and fusion from the front seemed logical. He explained the options and I wanted more info on the fusion. He was clear and the whole process was easy to follow. I am now 3 months after the op and sm doing really well. He guided me to some trusted physios and I could not be happier. He has been just as my GP said.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

I am very pleased with the ALIF fusion at L5/S1 for my back and leg pain. I was home 3 days after surgery and my pain is gone. The whole experience was first class and I was very confident I knew all the facts before signing up.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

Saw Dr Pope for a bulging disc in my neck with severe left arm pain to my hand. Very disabled and tried all sorts of other treatment before being referred by my concerned GP. Dr Pope gave me a number of options of treatment including surgical ones and I had my questions answered. After some time, it was obvious that surgery was needed and he performed a disc replacement procedure. This cured me of all neck and arm pain almost immediately and I was home the next morning. I am still pain free and have full strength in my arm 6 months later and cannot state how grateful I am for Dr Pope's help. He was patient and kind and let me decide what suited me. I recommend him to everyone who asks.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

Need more experience to make diagnosis properly.Listen the patient symptoms and past management carefully before make any new management plan.compare to very experienced neurosurgeon he is charging very high for surgery.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Referred by my GP with disc bulge and back and leg pain. Tried all the physio, pain killers, cortisone shots and not better. He gave me options and then surgery was one and I had the keyhole disc removal and was out the same day! Feeling great and Dr Pope explained things so well and let me decide in my own time. The whole experience was good and his staff were very helpful. I cannot thank what he has done for me to get my life back. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2011

Dr. Raoul Pope's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Neurosurgeon, Dr Raoul Pope was New Zealand born and educated, and has earned a Neurosurgical Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and a Fellow in advanced spinal surgery at the prestigious Foothills Medical Center in Alberta, Canada. Dr Pope operates in all areas of adult Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery with a Specialist expertise in Spinal disorders. He is an Adjunct Clinical Senior Lecturer in Neurosurgery and Spinal Surgery at the School of Medicine Sydney Campus, University of Notre Dame Australia. He consults from his rooms in North Sydney and Burwood and Operates at The Mater Sydney Private Hospital and Concord Hospital. Dr Pope has been appointed Head of Department of Neurosurgery at the Mater Private Hospital as of June 2013 and spearheads a high calibre team of dedicated Neurosurgeons.

• English

• Christchurch School of Medicine and Health Sciences University of Otago (Grad. 1996)
  • University of Otago (Grad. 1993)
  • University of Calgary (Grad. 2009)
  • University of Notre Dame Australia (Grad. 2011)

• Spinal fusion