Ratings for Dr. Joseph S. Taylor

A great physician. Just don't confront him about anything. He doesn't like that. Also, he goes back on his word.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Dr Taylor is that rare dr. that takes time to touch on all of your concerns. When I leave there I fully understand all of my concerns and treatments. He is empathetic, and careing. Due to his thoroughness, he is often a bit late, but I feel it is well worth the delay. Also, wh is the one I will always go to for minor surgery. He is exceptional in all respects.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

If it's not his idea, he doesn't care what you have to say. He only treats what he likes, I needed a MRI and a colonoscopy, due to an injury, and a bleed, it took three months to get them ordered. Totally unacceptable!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Really horrible experience. He was rude and defensive when I asked him questions to understand why he wanted to do certain tests or when I tried to explain a medical condition I have during my initial visit - even though he was not familiar with it and was contradicting my specialists & chart. When I raised a concern about experiencing symptoms of a hormonal disorder that runs in my family, he immediately responded with inaccurate information that was 10 years out of date, insisted I didn't have the condition, and snapped defensively when I was confused and asked for clarification. We were really horrified. I'm ok with doctors not being able to remember everything perfectly - nobody's perfect! - but Im not ok with someone being that defensive and rude. We found a new doctor immediately (who confirmed that I did actually have that hormonal disorder). Communication from his staff was not good and we had trouble getting them to return calls.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

Dr. Taylor is nice, he is practical, and he is proactive about treatment. He doesn't want to over-prescribe and he takes the time to get to know your history and blood panels. He is a great doctor. But unfortunately, he doesn't seem to think he or any of his staff needs to return phone calls, which I think is very negligent. I have had two separate instances where I needed something desperately (advice on dosage and my antidepressant was working) and he just never bothered to get back to me. I was in a situation where I was suffering and he and/or his medical assistant didn't seem to care. I wish that was not the case, because I can tell he knows his stuff. I am looking for a new PCP, unfortunately. It also doesn't help that his front office staff are unpleasant and rude.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

Dr. Joseph S. Taylor's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1995)