Ratings for Dr. Karim Somani

Dr Somani was very professional and explained how the surgery would be done and the recovery time and I was welcome to call his office with any questions or concerns. I would highly recommend him to anyone. Thank you for your care and wonderful bedside manner Lori Lafortune

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

Very professional Dr and assistant, patient and thorough.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

We were very impressed with Dr. Somani and his quick and accurate diagnosis of my husband's problem, after him being in hospital in another province for twelve days without any significant progress. He was very clear in explaining the full extent of what was going on, and was quick to get things taken care of properly. During his call home the morning after day surgery to check on how things had gone overnight, he was able to tell us that the breathing problems my husband had were not usual, and we should go to emergency. This led to a diagnosis of pneumonia in both lungs, and Dr. Somani was able to explain very plainly how this may have been acquired during the surgery. This condition was treated very effectively by the staff of BGH within a few days. On the follow-up appointment four weeks later, Dr. Somani was very friendly and easy to talk to, and advised us to contact him immediately if any new issues arose. We were very happy with his professionalism in handling this entire case. We would like to thank him and all the staff at BGH who helped in any way.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Dr. Somani and his surgery team performed my colonoscopy yesterday and everything was done in a professional and informative manner. Dr. Somani thoroughly explained the procedure to me in his office. His punctuality is impeccable.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

Recently had Gullbladder surgery preformed by him. He is the best Surgeon. Highly recommended to anyone. And professional bedside manor.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

I was very very impressed with Dr. Somani. I know I was lucky to have good news with my procedure but he was great. I was at his office twice and then at the hospital for a colonoscopy. He respected how nervous I was and told me would be honest with whatever he found. The team in the room were great and it was easy to see the respect everyone had for each other. He is thorough, caring and respectful. I am so glad a friend recommended him.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

He is one of the best I have ever had , he did an emergency colostomy surgery on me. He was very friendly , and honest told it like it is and that is what i like in a doctor , He was always on time for his hospital visits and always the same time each day. You never had to sit long in his office before seeing him and his staff were extremely friendly and efficient .

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

He is one of the best doctors I have ever seen. He takes the time to listen to his patients and is kind and compassionate. His bed side manner is the best I've ever experienced! I have never felt more welcome in a dr's office then when I walk into to his and am greeted by his wonderful receptionist who is always happy to see the patients.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

We credit this man for saving my fathers life he had a perforated bowel and was close to dying ,,this amn assembled his team within half an hour and performed an five hour surgery that could have gone so wrong..he came to us immediately after surgery explained everything he had done and what to expect afterwards ..he was in everyday to see my dad and answer any questions we had ..he has taken excellent care of my father and i would recommend him to everyone with any kind of bowel issue.. he is very professional and informative but alsdo very personable ..we have complete faith and trust in this man

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

Had a surgery with him to repair a hernia which I was pleased with. Found him to be very informative, caring, and professional, Had a minor issue afterwards which was taken care of, and a good follow up appointment. Theresa was excellent also. Overall a positive experience and would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014