Ratings for Dr. Daniel K. Cantwell

I had a mini tummy tuc and this doctor did a great job

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

I was so excited when u finally found a Dr willing to battle my insurance company for coverage of a tummy tuck following gastric bypass surgery. The day I was approved was the greatest day, all that extra skin around my stomach area would be gone. The procedure went great, very sore although to be expected. After several weeks I noticed a flap of skin between my breaststroke that was literally hanging. I went in, and he fixed this issue. ( in his office) cotarized it off, hurt like heck but I was satisfied. My tummy was flat, no skin and I was thrilled. A few months later I referred me sisters to him and my cousin for same procedure. Tummy tucks after GB surgery. Nevertheless all 3 were Very UNSATISFIED. All three specified they did not want theirs as tight as mine. Dumb move as mine loosened up. I have referred 3 people to him and never once received a Thank you letter, phone call NOTHING. I was a bit upset. I now havery a friend looking for a Dr to do hers and I will still recommend Dr. CANTWELL. I'm sending another patient your way, maybe I'll get a thank you this time. I think it all depends on your expectations. I have gained a few lbs. Since my surgery several years ago so I'd be careful because although your tummy stays pretty much flat, your back area gets larger. Good luck to you all. Do your research first so you have no second guesses

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Dr Cantwell put me through over twelve reconstruction surgeries I ended up with MRSA I was in and out of the hospital for the next three years after being diagnosed with breast cancer. I had to have a pick line put in and a home health care nurse 24 7 for three years because he could not care and wanted to get rid of me after all his surgeries he did to me after having two fake breasts having to use both my latisimus muscles after the first way by expansion did not work and took me into surgery and I came out without a left breast. I will never be able to have a breast there. Following up with a second opinion, that surgeon told me Dr Cantwell should have never tried with my left side to begin with because my cancer was so advanced and radiated normal akin would have never worked anyway. If you want to take a chance go for it but if it goes wrong you will be left my dilated and scared for your life!!!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

Dr. Cantwell clearly loves what he does and he is exceptional. His P.A-C Jen Moris is equally as good as Dr. Cantwell. She is an amazing educator. The care, the listening is above and beyond. I would recommend Dr. Cantwell to any of my family or friends

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Dr. Cantwell and his staff are excellent. They were very thorough and took time to answer all of my questions. My surgery went great and I love the results. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Dr Cantwell and his PA Jennifer are caring, knowledgeable, and professional. I am a breast cancer patient, and he is doing my reconstruction. II would recommend him and his team to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

This doctor did my rhinoplasty. I went in to get a reduction, very slight. It wasn't even that bad to begin with. It went awful. My nose is BIGGER now than it was before this happened and one side is slightly wider than the other, disproportionate. Upon going to see him for checkups after a year or so, he sent me to get a second opinion from another surgeon because he claimed that he had "no idea" what he should do. The second surgeon suggested a second surgery and Dr.Cantwell responded saying he "wasn't qualified to perform the necessary surgery to fix it." If he isn't qualified for revision surgeries, he shouldn't be performing them at all. Also, he neglected to note needed medical information in my chart which has hindered my ability to get proper treatment from other doctors because we had to start from square one. I would never recommend this surgeon to anybody, ever. Not to mention, the clinic lost some of my medical information during this time. Do not go here.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2013

Everything went well until my last surgery. I was not listened too. I felt that I had an infection and was NOT listened too. As it turns out, I had a STAFF infection and ended up in the hospital for a week, and woke up to find that they had removed my breast. It is disgusting. Not once have I had a follow up phone call asking me how I was doing... He seems like a caring doctor, I am very disappointed on how I was treated when things went wrong. I had to spend Christmas in the hospital and suffered a lot of trauma, now I am scared to trust another doctor, and I can't afford the costs of another surgery. seven months later I am still experiencing pain from him procedure that was never made clear to me. I am trying to get counseling , because when I look at my breast it seems like everything I would go through is a waste. I am so uncomfortable That I can't even take a shower.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2011

Dr. Cantwell and his team are the best, I am thrilled and so lucky they were recommended to me by my breast surgeon!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2011

Breast reduction awesome feeling great on day 2

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

Dr. Daniel K. Cantwell's Credentials

• Kansas City College Of Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 2002)

Assurant