Ratings for Dr. Amer Hussain

Brackets always breaking/ wires poking out. Difficult to get a quick appt. to have things fixed. His appearance is very slick but if you plan to get braces expect to waste a lot of additional time with returning for repairs. Also creepy that majority of staff are high-maintenance-looking females--looks more like a cosmetic dermatologist's office.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Amazing experience with Dr. Hussain and his team. I have had both of my kids go through treatment with him and I just got my Invisalign started with him. Great atmosphere and everyone is so nice. My kids teeth look amazing and we get compliments all the time. They were also $1000 less than other offices! I tell all my fiends and family that Pure Orthodontics is the best!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

I was recently in to see Dr. Hussain and could not be happier. I'm always greeted with a smile and Dr Hussain is always so caring and understanding. Even though it's busy, Dr Hussain and his staff will always take the time to answer all of my questions and concerns. I would definitely recommend Pure Orthodontics to anyone who is looking for Orthodontic treatment. You can tell all the kids love him and his energetic personality! The team goes above and beyond to make things work!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

I have had a wonderful experience with Dr. Hussain and his team at Pure Orthodontics. They are always very hospitable and friendly. I love that this office is involved in my community and helps out in areas important to me as an Albertan. I love that they have multiple locations close to my home and office. Dr. Hussain is awesome, he or his team always takes the time to answer all my questions or concerns, he is always available when & where I need him. And my teeth have never looked better!! I would highly recommend Dr. Hussain and Pure Orthodontics!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Awful experience with a narcissistic doctor. He doesnt actually listen to what I say. Blows everything off as if it doesnt matter because nothinn ever changes with my concerns!!! You get maybe a second of his time. But he wasnt too busy to take my money...

Submitted March 16, 2016

I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to this place. I absolutely hate this process. I have been told every six weeks for the last year that my braces will be coming off and I'm still in them. And to top it all off the other orthodontist has changed my teeth dramatically once again. I have followed every requirement and came to all my appointments. I have no clue when my braces are coming off and I don't trust either of the orthodontists working there. I wish I could get my money back. i have no faith in this business. I am a young adult paying full price for these braces. I don't think there is any way I will change my mind about this place. I now have a low self esteem and tremendous regret.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

Dr. Amer Hussain

Dr. Amer Hussain's response
Hello, Thank you for your comments and reaching out to us. We are very sad to learn that you are having a poor experience with us. We would be more than happy to look into this for you. If you like we are able to refund you all of your money. We definitely want you to have a positive experience with Pure Orthodontics and our Orthodontist. If you could send us an email at info@pureorthodontics.ca we can look into this immediately. Happy Holidays, The Pure Orthodontics Team

Submitted December 26, 2015

I fnd his work beautiful, fast results, my daughter is so happy with their work and they encourage her to keep the good job on her teeth, they are as busy as everyone else so time management is a minor thing to consider, else, it is very nice.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Staff seem friendly, but tried to rush me into signing in full that day for 5% off. Checked into my insurance plan before even the consultation. Went to him only because our dentist said he was the only ortho in Sherwood Park where we live. Consulted the other more experienced & reputable dentist in Edmonton (whom our dentist actually recommended as the one he would take his own son to if necessary) who recommends waiting until ALL adult teeth came out first as my daughter was on 10. She only had very slight crowding and her dentist said to just let an orthodontist review to begin any action plan if even needed as braces may not be required. Pure Ortho didn't go over any of the details, just overzealous for the money! 2 and 1/2 years later, and our orthodontist is still convincing us to wait at least another year or two until all her permanent teeth are in and see how the spacing looks, since her two slightly overcrowded teeth are so minor! So glad we went with our instinct and did not sign up with him!

Submitted September 1, 2015

Dr. Amer Hussain

Dr. Amer Hussain's response
Hello and Thank you for your comments. We are glad to hear that you are having a good experience with your current dentist who is treating you. There are many different philosophies in Orthodontics. Sometimes early treatment is necessary to treat other issues such as not extracting permanent teeth when your daughter is older, airway issues, jaw issues and growth of the jaws. It is unfortunate that we were unable to explain this in the consultation. We will work harder to make sure we explain the philosophy to our patients in the future. Thanks you again for your feedback. The Pure Orthodontics Team

Submitted December 26, 2015

The staff is very friendly and kind! Dr Hussain is knowledgable and professional. I would recommend him to anyone who needs ortho treatment

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Dr. Hussain 's office is quite friendly and professional. They were able to get braces on, my first visit in. They staff are always helpful and friendly. I still have my braces on but Dr. Hussain says they should be off a few months before the date that he originally told me. For most of my appointments; however, they have been late getting me in. I would definitely recommend them, and am very happy thus far.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015