Ratings for Dr. Amer Hussain

I went to Pure Orthodontics for the Invisalign treatment and I do not recommend this place for the following reasons: You always have to wait min. 20 minutes even when you have an appointment. After they admit you prepare to wait another 30 minutes in the chair to see the doctor. This place is so busy that they simply don't have time for you. During my treatment I received several calls to bump my appointments. They came up with reasons like 'the office will be closed due to training' or 'trays are stuck in customs,' which seem like valid excuses but they quickly became the norm. Sometimes they would leave a message to inform me about the cancellation and when you call back to re-schedule no one picks up the phone. You have to call back several times just to speak to someone. Perhaps they need more people at the reception, which seems ridiculous considering how many people work there, but you just can't reach anyone. Maybe someone dedicated soley for picking up the phone. Needless to say it is very difficult to re-schedule your appointment, especially if you work full time and you can only go to one specific location. You end up waiting for weeks until your next appointment. I once arrived early for my appointment and was told in an impudent way that I was late and that they couldn’t take me in any more. Good thing that I kept my confirmation email clearly stating the time I had to be there. Never did being early feel so bad. After consulting with her colleagues they managed to get me in. It was such a pain with all these appointment fiascos and in the end I just hated going there. Leaving them with a ton of money I had no option to go elsewhere. So buyer beware and think twice because you will be stuck with them for at least a year. At the end of my treatment I received a retainer for top and bottom to wear at night. The bottom one cracked after a few months and I found out it is $300 for a replacement of one tray and $1000 for lifetime replacements - as if they expect them to break not just once but multiple times. The retainer is made of thin, flimsy plastic; you have no other option than to pay or else your teeth alignment drifts. I wasn’t even informed about this before my treatment. This is almost a scam. Months after my treatment they called to tell me that my insurance does not cover over $600 and that I have to pay out of pocket. When asked the insurance they said that they don’t know anything about it. Another hassle to deal with due to Pure Orthodontics, great. This whole treatment was and still is a headache and in the end I cannot enjoy my smile. Go to a place that is more customer-oriented, where the doctor takes time for you, where you are not confronted with any hidden costs, and where the staff is more professional. Have you seen how this place advertises? They want to be the McDonald’s of orthodontics putting through as many as possible. Except in this case, you are the cattle.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

We recently had our 12 yr son braces put on from them.Sorry to say the same day he came back two of his brackets popped out .he had not even eaten anything till than ,so only one to blame the person who put it on. Okay maybe its a one time thing. Took him to get it fixed he went late to school ,I went late to work.My son told me when they examined him not one 3 of the brackets were loose .They took the whole bottom row out put it back again .Anyone who had braces put on knows its not a picnic.So he went through it again. Came back home .The next morning to my horror another one same bottom row they had fixed just yesterday had popped out!Now what.Make him miss school again ,miss work again and above all make him go through the same painful ordeal again three times in a row.They keep giving excuses as to y it may have happened.But we have already suffered a lot .Now Dr Amir Hussain ,once can be a mistake but not again again and the very next day!.I have very bad experience with Pure orthorthodontics.Waste of time ,money and the suffering the kid has to go through each time .

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Majia was very gentle and great at what she does! Definitely the best person I've had to do my monthly check ups yet!

Submitted September 8, 2016

Brackets always breaking/ wires poking out. Difficult to get a quick appt. to have things fixed. His appearance is very slick but if you plan to get braces expect to waste a lot of additional time with returning for repairs. Also creepy that majority of staff are high-maintenance-looking females--looks more like a cosmetic dermatologist's office.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Amazing experience with Dr. Hussain and his team. I have had both of my kids go through treatment with him and I just got my Invisalign started with him. Great atmosphere and everyone is so nice. My kids teeth look amazing and we get compliments all the time. They were also $1000 less than other offices! I tell all my fiends and family that Pure Orthodontics is the best!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

I was recently in to see Dr. Hussain and could not be happier. I'm always greeted with a smile and Dr Hussain is always so caring and understanding. Even though it's busy, Dr Hussain and his staff will always take the time to answer all of my questions and concerns. I would definitely recommend Pure Orthodontics to anyone who is looking for Orthodontic treatment. You can tell all the kids love him and his energetic personality! The team goes above and beyond to make things work!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

I have had a wonderful experience with Dr. Hussain and his team at Pure Orthodontics. They are always very hospitable and friendly. I love that this office is involved in my community and helps out in areas important to me as an Albertan. I love that they have multiple locations close to my home and office. Dr. Hussain is awesome, he or his team always takes the time to answer all my questions or concerns, he is always available when & where I need him. And my teeth have never looked better!! I would highly recommend Dr. Hussain and Pure Orthodontics!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Awful experience with a narcissistic doctor. He doesnt actually listen to what I say. Blows everything off as if it doesnt matter because nothinn ever changes with my concerns!!! You get maybe a second of his time. But he wasnt too busy to take my money...

Submitted March 16, 2016

I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to this place. I absolutely hate this process. I have been told every six weeks for the last year that my braces will be coming off and I'm still in them. And to top it all off the other orthodontist has changed my teeth dramatically once again. I have followed every requirement and came to all my appointments. I have no clue when my braces are coming off and I don't trust either of the orthodontists working there. I wish I could get my money back. i have no faith in this business. I am a young adult paying full price for these braces. I don't think there is any way I will change my mind about this place. I now have a low self esteem and tremendous regret.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

Dr. Amer Hussain

Dr. Amer Hussain's response
Hello, Thank you for your comments and reaching out to us. We are very sad to learn that you are having a poor experience with us. We would be more than happy to look into this for you. If you like we are able to refund you all of your money. We definitely want you to have a positive experience with Pure Orthodontics and our Orthodontist. If you could send us an email at info@pureorthodontics.ca we can look into this immediately. Happy Holidays, The Pure Orthodontics Team

Submitted December 26, 2015

I fnd his work beautiful, fast results, my daughter is so happy with their work and they encourage her to keep the good job on her teeth, they are as busy as everyone else so time management is a minor thing to consider, else, it is very nice.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015