Ratings for Dr. Emad Jacob

My family member was recently discharged from UMDNJ to Hospice without physician orders to Dr Jacob care. The patient had a severe brain bleed and began seizing every 3 minutes. The hospice nurse urgently contacted Dr Jacob and he refused to accept the patient. The hospice center was left without a physician to order necessary medical intervention to comfort the patient by his negligent actions and thus the patient experienced continuing seizures for nearly 6 hours. This "doctor" is reprehensible, arrogant, and a poor excuse for a human being. He has clearly forgotten about the Hippocratic oath.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

My father is a patient at Select Specialty in New Rochelle. He has been a quadriplegic for 28 years. He was injured at home 5 weeks ago when an aide dropped him. He is in tremendous pain and is on a ventilator, which he will never be able to come off of. Dr Jacob refuses to return our family's phone calls, did not inform us of test results indicating my father now has pneumonia. Five days ago my father asked us to remove the ventilator so that he could die peacefully. Dr Jacob took three days to return our calls. He visited my father without us present and told him he would get him better, which is a lie. My father with limited ability to speak bc of a trach tried to explain he was "confused" by the complete opposite prognosis from the infectious disease doctor. Dr Jacob said he "refused" the terminal sea from the vent. My father continues to state his wishes to us and is experiencing tremendous pain and still we are waiting for a meeting with the doctor. Dr Jacob has made a heartbreaking situation unbearable.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

Great doctor and staff definitely made me feel absolutely comfortable Would recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012

Dr. Jacob is very caring doctor and I never feel like I'm being rushed.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2012

Best of the best. I'd recommend Dr. Jacob to all my friends and family and anyone whose looking for an honest and caring Dr. Staff are wonderful and professional especially Jessica.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

I am highly upset and disappointed with DR. Jacob. my first time there I waited an hour and forty minutes, I had no apointment so I didn't say anything but be patient. While with dr everything was fine and he specifically said the follow up would be free. A week later I go back with an appointment which I wait an hour for and then they try to bill me. The receptionist looks at me like I am a liar and I walk out! I could of paid the follow up visit that is not the issue it is the principle. The dr should have never said anything and they should learn to be on time they are inconsiderate of people's time! So unless you have all day to waste do not go here.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

If he is not your Doctor, then you are out of luck. The best Doctor for me and my family. The whole staff there is fantastic.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011