Ratings for Dr. Andrew Quinn

I just had a revision surgery done thanks to this surgeon who has left me permanently disabled, unable to work. He bragged before operating on me that I would not have to worry about scar tissue. A major tendon is so badly encased in scar tissue that I'm in chronic pain and have to endure ketamine infusions every 2 months for the rest of my life. He said after 2 accidents post operatively that there was nothing to worry about. Well sorry, but MRI imaging and a subsequent surgery prove otherwise. He waited 16 months to do a surgery that if done earlier, and done right, would not have left me with permanent damage, to both tendon and toes. I have no sense of balance because he screwed up in surgery. I think a review by the Ontario college of physicians and surgeons of Ontario should be enough to scare anyone off. A disciplinary hearing means he could lose his license. His standard of care is lower than other surgeon's. He is cocky and arrogant.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr Quinn is a topnotch surgeon. We highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Dr Quinn is an absolute pleasure to work with, nothing like some of the reviews I've read about him. As with any surgery, there can be complications. This is not always due to the surgeon. He is calm and collected and radiates good vibes which really help in stressful times. I have recommended dr.quinn to all of my friends and family and I wouldn't go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

I obtained a second opinion in November from one of the best surgeons in the city. After examining me, he asked me what Quinn did to me. He said Quinn definitely botched my surgery. He's ruling out misdiagnosed conditions, and is looking at tendon and nerve damage. I spent 3 months in hospital/rehab recovering from this surgery, but am now permanently disabled. A complaint with the college of physicians and surgeons and lawsuit are in the works. Do not see this surgeon, go elsewhere please, I beg you. I'm not the only person he has disabled.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

honest and fair. offered options, but suggested non invasive options first. don't know why people comment on bedside manner. he was a pleasure to deal with.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

EXCELLENT Surgeon! Dr. Quinn performed bunion surgery on both my feet (back to back years) with precision and care. He is a very methodical and highly skillful surgeon. He answered all my questions patiently, and explained the surgical procedure to my satisfaction. I am currently 3 month post-op on my left foot and I am healing nicely. On my right foot, I can barely see the scar! I am extremely pleased with the outcome. I have already recommended Dr. Quinn to a colleague and she will be having her surgery done later this year. His medical assistant, Yvonne, is wonderful! She is professional, friendly and very knowledgeable. Thank you both! I have my beautiful feet back again.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

I have read some rather negative comments concerning Dr. Quinn. I cannot believe I was cared for by the same Dr.Quinn. No ,he is not Dr. Kildare or Dr. Crusher but what he is is an excellent orthopedic surgeon. Yes, he does seem a bit distant at times,however, I will take that distance to be looked after by someone who really knows what he is doing. Dr Quinn is an excellent orthopedic surgeon who knows his specialty. He treated me with quiet respect,addressed my questions ,kindly and clearly. NO COMPLAINTS FROM ME, 5 OUT OF 5

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

I had both feet done within a year by Dr Quinn. All I can say is the man is AMAZING! He's incredibly knowledgable, very kind and a precise surgeon extremely focused on the job at hand. I would and already have recommended him to friends and my own mother. His assistant is phenomenal. By far the friendliest and most knowledgable assistant that I've come across and I saw that within 5 minutes of talking to her. They are a great team! I'm very fortunate to have been referred to Dr Quinn and moreso I am grateful for his phenomenal work! Thank you!!!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

Dr. Andrew Quinn is a horrible nightmare to me. His arrogance highly impacts his behaviour. He had zero (more accurately, below zero) drive what so ever to help diagnose my issue, or redirect me to a different specialist. His inability to diagnose my problem redirected his hurt ego to give very mentally dangerous advice (or should I call it, "name calling") left me stranded at the darkest time in my short life. I would never in a million years recommend this doctor to any human - not even my worst enemy. Now that I am much better, I still get emotional when I think about the last appointment I had with him. I wish the Canadian health system would increase their standards on the interpersonal skills, empathy, and compassion required to be a doctor. Not only were the things he spoke to me sociopathically uncalled for, they were utterly WRONG as I stand here today able to walk, no thanks to him.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2016

Fantastic doctor and very nice person, calm, knowledgeable, attentive to patients and their relatives! Recommended to all my friends & colleges!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016