Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Craswell

Stay clear of him as he was a disaster when my husband had him as his surgeon. That was in 2010 and my husband is still suffering the aftereffects of Dr. Craswell's mistakes. He is only in surgery for one reason, for the money. I hope we never see his face again.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

Most condescending jerk I have ever had the displeasure of meeting! This fool almost killed my girlfriend over his own arrogance. I waited over 5 hours in the recovery area and not once did he come out to tell me wtf was happening! No one could give me any answers. What was supposed to be a routine laparoscopic gallbladder surgery turned into a nightmare because he was so full of himself he refused to back out when he realized the gallbladder was "the worst he had ever seen". Instead, his arrogance convinced him he could scrape the gallbladder out instead of doing proper surgery! He ended up cutting into her bowel and almost killed her. After 5 weeks of "recovery" in QEH she was sent to the VG in Hfx for surgery to repair the damage done by Craswell! The original surgery was in April and she is still not and will never be 100%. Not only did he botch the surgery, he didn't even bother to look at her chart to see what meds she was taking before the surgery. Due to chronic pain she was taking a large amount of morphine everyday and the damned fool didn't even know. He prescribed her a very low dose which of course caused her to go into withdrawal. It was useless trying to explain it to him as he was convinced he was right and did not want to hear about it! She told him to "get out" and her recovery was taken over by another surgeon!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

Amazing Doctor!!! need more like him. He is so personal and professional.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Fantastic surgeon, I have had Dr. Craswell twice. Both in emergency situations. First was my gallbladder which was badly infected. The surgery went smooth, no issues, little scarring and healing was a breeze. Second was a benign lump on my breast. He had it out in minutes. His bedside manner is second to none, very laid back and friendly. I hope any future issues I have that he is the one to look after me.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

Had no time to listen to my concerns during my consultation. Went to someone else after waiting six months. He recommended a biopsy. Wouldn't ever go back to Craswell. He's just in it for the money.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Great doctor. Super helpful and professional. Excellent experience for my first ever surgery.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Great Dr. bedside manner second to none. very compassionate, polite and just a nice guy. re sectioned my bowel. Surgery went 100% successful. I would strongly recommend this surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

A true professional and a reason I am able to write this review today. Thanks Dr. Jeff

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

Dr. Craswell is thorough, attentive, caring, helpful and compassionate. Incredible bedside manner and personally phone patients with results. (This should not be that exceptional, but lately, I have grown accustomed to office staff, nurses calling with results, rather than the physician him or herself.) Nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Craswell!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Excellent surgeon, honest and compassionate. You do not go into anything without being informed.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014