Ratings for Dr. Stephen J. Antonik

I've been with Dr. Antonik for over 5 years and he has been great. He is very knowledgeable and supportive. He listens and responds with clear and understandable explanations and work with the insurance companies to make sure they cover the tests and procedures. I would recommend him and you'd be well served.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Dr Antonik was disrespectful and very unethical. I left his office in tears.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

Stephen Antonik is very caring and very knowledgeable. He has always taken time to thoroughly explain my diagnosis and possible treatment options. Very competent and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

Dr. Antonik performed a Colonoscopy and Endoscopy last October. It was the second time I had one done and it was a much better experience. I would recommend him whole heartedly.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Dr. Antonik genuinely cares about his patients. He is kind and compassionate. He listens & takes the time to explain everything. He is a very caring doctor which is rare these days. He follows up quickly with the patient after tests & procedures so that you don't have to wait & worry. He is a wonderful doctor that I highly recommend to anyone who needs a gastroenterologist. His staff is also great about fitting you into his schedule.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

Dr. Antonik provided caring, helpful information prior to my colonscopy and great assistance and assurance with the results

flag | Submitted August 21, 2012

Dr. Antonick and his partner Dr. Ma are absoleutely wonderful. They are soo kind, easy to talk to, and seem to be very experienced and knowledgable. TWO OF THE BEST DOCS I have some across in years. I would highly recommend either of the two, the staff is also VERY nice. Wonderful pratice all together.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2012

Dr. Antonik was recommended when I needed a new gastroenterologist this past summer. My old one had decided that I needed to see somebody closer after I moved, and he was recommended. He has spent the last several months chasing down the issue I have, and its the first time I feel like I'm actually being listened to. I liked my old GI, but she ran the same tests which gave the same results, but didn't get us any closer to the problem. I've probably given a gallon of blood in testing, & had more diagnostic scans than I care to remember, but in the end getting an answer is worth it. The answer wasn't good news, but it IS an answer. Dr. Antonik has never pushed me or been threatened by my seeing other doctors. He has talked with all of my doctors and shares information without complaint. He also returns phone calls at times convenient for the patient.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2011

Dr. Antonik truly cares about his patients. I struggled with some confusing stomach symptoms for a while before I saw him. It wasn't until my third visit to the e.r. in the middle of the night that I started searching for GI dr's. I called his office and without ever seeing me before, his office was able to book me on very short notice. He actually listens and understands everything you tell him and he doesn't ever give up on his patients. After a year of working with him, I was diagnosed and treated. I'm happy that I found a doctor like him because most doctors would not put that much time and dedication into one patient, which is why he is the best. He is not the kind of doctor to tell you "let's just wait and see what happens", he will try every option until he knows his patient is healthy again. He is extremely knowledgable and I would highly recommend Dr. Antonik.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

I went to Dr. Antonik in 2009 for pan ulcerative colitis. Thanks to his help I was able to recover from an extremely bad flare quickly. I've been flare free for 2 years. He is on top of the latest research and isn't a passive "wait and see" type of doctor. I saw enough of those doctors and don't like that style of medicine. That would explain why I was not properly treated for years despite my symptoms. His staff is super nice. I've recommended him to several others.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Dr. Stephen J. Antonik's Credentials

• Spanish

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

• BCBS Illinois