Ratings for Dr. Ghinshyam Thakkar

This dr. seems to be helpful and knowledgeable until you go in for surgery. He loves to help people but should not be doing surgery or teaching on patients. I found out he cut into a womans bladder and closed her after a hysterectomy. He did my surgery with 2 students (Im assuming of course) but my incision is 3-4 inches above my pelvic bone which means no more low rise jeans. This surgery was not done in a hurry either. the incision still zigzags one year later and is a whole inch higher on one side than the other. Instead of using my linea negra on my belly as a guide to sew my stomache back straight he just left a flap of skin on the left side and the stitching was really tight on my right side. Therefore my bellybutton is no longer in the center of my stomach its off by about an inch. Im also herniating through my incision but then again if he cant sew the outside correctly why would i assume the inside would be fine. he is not a skilled surgeon otherwise a good dr.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011