Ratings for Dr. Darren Nielson

My husband went to ER grey Nuns yesterday night, our bad luck v had to see dr Neilson, he is the worst doctor v ever visited, very rude ,non professional, ignorant. My husband has a gall stone , severe pain ,they gave him an injection, pain was gone after that, blood work done, after 3 hours they told us that it is a gall stone but you are good to go. I asked dr Nielson, did you see his gall bladder ultrasound report which was done in Jan 2018, he replied, "No, I don't have time to see, , 20 patients are waiting for me". We were speechless with his attitude.gall stone and he Is not looking at ultrasound report at all & send g us home.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

He is fcked up and rude I have never seen this kind of idiot doctor in my entire. He relized me from hospital with 150/100 high blood pressure plus having eyes pain and extrem headache . I have just asked him only pill to lower my blood pressure which he had rejected. I wonder why they keep this kind of doctors in alberta hospitals

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

This doctor is so ignorant and rude about everything he needs to get a new job.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

Extremely rude and dismissive, terrible bedside manner. Should probably try to at least pretend he cares, might help.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Had to go in to emergency on a Sunday night. Thought I was dying, possible appendicitis. Agree that the admissions procedure and general ambience there is not comforting or inviting. This is likely a government funding problem more than a staff problem, but all we get to see are the staff who live under these constraints. It seems rushed or overwhelmed, and I agree that it appears most of the staff need a holiday, a job change or time off. They seem irritated and bothered. I waited about 20 to maybe 30 mins. to be ushered into a hallway bed. About 20 minutes after that, Dr. Neilson saw me. I do understand the comments here that others have made; yes, I think his bedside manner and demeanor could be improved. However, he instantly and correctly diagnosed my pain as an inguinal hernia; this was missed by two other doctors, my primary care physician 3 months before and a Medicentre physician 2 days before. ( Admittedly, easier to diagnose when it's coming through, but, still - no one else even considered a hernia as a possibility ). He pushed it back into place - that hurt! - but he told me to try to stifle myself and it would instantly stop hurting. And he was correct! 5 to 10 seconds of pain and then....NOTHING. Pain stopped immediately. Advised me I would need a booked surgical repair, as this was not serious enough to warrant emergency surgery - taught me how to push the hernia back in myself correctly - and even got me a referral to a surgeon that came in the mail in a few days. He`s no nonsense and doesn`t say much - and I guess that`s why he gets weak reviews - but in my case, he was 100% ok with me. I get where he is coming from and he got me fixed up and pain free immediately with a correct diagnosis. Honestly, can`t ask for much better than that.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2017

This guy is pretty obviously burnt out because he has zero bedside manner. I don't think I've ever been treated so poorly by a physician.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

This doctor needs to improve his bedside manner. He shows a lack of compassion and care for his patients. He seems to spend a lot of time socializing with the nurses.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

All these complaints need to be taken forth with the college of physicians and surgeon's!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Visited ER at the Misericordia yesterday. Dr.mdidnt even introduce himself and seemed uninterested. When he came to give me my results of testing, he seemed to change and even sat down to chat. All in all, ok.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

I went to Grey Nuns ER this morning and Dr. Neilson was uninterested, dismissive and very rude.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015