Ratings for Dr. Brian W. Lynn

I have been suffering from insomnia for a number of years and decided that I no longer wanted to rely on occasional pills to sleep. I was recommended to Dr. Lynn by a neighbour who took the six-week program to cure her insomnia. I further got a reference from my doctor to register for the program. After a few weeks, I gained about one hour of sleep per night. Now after two months, I sleep an average of 7 hours per night. So I went from five to seven hours, in approximately eight weeks. His program is based on a method that works as he teaches, among many things, how to have a good sleep hygiene (e.g., going to bed at the same and waking up at the same time). He also uses aids such as slides, group discussions. We also have some obligatory reading to do and maintaining a log to register our sleep, is also part of the program. That log is analyzed by Dr. Lynn each time we have a session and is the basis for a sleep schedule — discussed and agreed on by the patient. I was amazed at the progress I made in a short time. Dr. Lynn has a superb commend of the subject he teaches; he also has a good sense of humour which makes it easy to remember the tips and information he provides. He also suggests other readings to complement the one he uses. I did appreciate the time and effort when he graciously provided name of CDs and various apps to facilitate our sleep. Furthermore, he also shares his slides so need to copy them during the sessions. The group are also instrumental to the success of his program as we learn from the others as well. No full names are divulged, simply the first one so it is very confidential; the atmosphere is friendly. I would highly recommend Dr. Brian Lynn to anyone who desires to cure his/her insomnia in a healthy way, without the support of prescriptions. Although I have completed the program I noted that I keep extending my sleep and owing to a good knowledge of what I have to do to maintain a good sleep, I will continue to sleep well. Thank you, Dr. Lynn. I have regained my energy and can now focus better as I am no longer tired during the day.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2020

I took the CBT for Insomnia group with Dr Lynn in winter 2019 and it was very helpful. I don’t have insomnia anymore. Dr Lynn has a very gentle and easy going personality. He truly does care about his patients. I learned so much during the course. He also helps each patient get on a plan that works for them, reassesses your progress each session and makes changes as needed. He’s very knowledgeable and is an expert in treating insomnia. I highly recommend Dr Lynn’s CBT for Insomnia group. Obviously you as the patient have to make some changes in order to help your brain/body sleep but it is absolutely worth it and you will have those skills for life.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2020

I think this program is worth every minute. I'm a person who needs an explanation of what's going on with me, and Dr. Brian Lynn helped me understand what's it I'm experiencing and why, and, most important, how to make it go or at least less intense. I'm much more positive after completing the program about being able to cope with my sleep issues.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2020

I was referred by my general practitioner to Dr. Brian Lynn because I had long standing issues with insomnia and wanted to stop taking prescription medication and/or melatonin. The short answer is that is approach with cognitive behavioral therapy worked and continues to work for me. The group approach, with individualized time with the physician helped me to understand the nature of my sleep issues and was individualized for me. Thank you, Dr. Lynn. I intend to delve deeper into cognitive behavioral therapy for other issues impacting me. I know that this will be a lifelong process for me as I continue to progressively improve.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2019

I have been reading all the reviews about Dr. Brian Lynn and agree with the overwhelming masses that this program works! After many, many years of having insomnia and sleep apnea, I had given up hope that I would ever have a good night's sleep again. When I went to my intake meeting, he told me immediately that this course would not resolve my sleep apnea and to continue seeking help for it but he could and would help me with my insomnia. His knowledge, advice, compassion and open-mindedness is a gift to all of you who suffer from insomnia. He will change your life as he has mine. It won't happen overnight but WILL progressively improve over the course and continue to improve if you keep following the program. Sometimes things AREN'T too good to be true!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2019

The structured program implemented by Dr Lynn really works. Insomnia begins to lift, reliance on pharmaceutical sleep aids dissipates, and feelings of general anxiety, even, will lessen. If you get a chance to see Dr Lynn for your insomnia, I would take it.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2019

I was very skeptical when my family doctor referred me for CBT and group therapy for insomnia. Previous experience with groups and CBT for PTSD hadn’t given me the results I would have liked. To be honest, the only reason I agreed to see Dr. Lynn was that I promised myself that I would be open to everything that could help me move forward. I’m very happy that I did. I thought I had better-than-average knowledge about human sleep, but that belief was shattered in the intake appointment. He quickly won me over. Dr. Lynn is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about sleep, and helping people overcome their sleep problems. He has a very engaging, sincere, and affable “bedside manner”; this man loves what he does and it shows. The program is very educational, and that alone makes it worth attending. The CBT / behavioural portion is relevant and helpful in improving sleep, but the benefits reach far beyond that. The universal consensus of our group was that the group setting is more effective for this type of therapy than going it alone, and I agree. It’s really quite remarkable. When I entered the program, my sleep was restless, broken and not restorative. It is now – dare I say – normal. I give the program, and Dr. Lynn, my highest recommendation. To have access to such leading-edge treatment, from a skilled and dedicated provider, at zero cost, is a privilege not to be wasted.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2019

Dr. Lynn was an absolute blessing who finally gave me a long-term solution to a problem that has been affecting me since childhood. I was apprehensive to do group therapy, especially being very young, however the group environment actually had tremendous benefit and helped me break out of my comfort zone. Dr. Lynn is a brilliant doctor who offers realistic solutions to tackling your problems, whether it be reducing meds, getting better quality sleep and so many other issues that affect people. CBT therapy has changed my life and I am finally starting to feel more rested and ready to take on the day. Anyone who has doubts about this program or wonders if it really works should give it a try. After session one you are still able to stop the program if it is not your cup of tea, however I encourage anyone interested to give it a chance and see the benefit that comes as a result. I already miss seeing the group on Fridays but will use all the knowledge gained during this program going forward. Thanks for everything!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2019

Thanks to the guidance and support of Dr. Lynn, I transformed from a person who was in despair most mornings, wondering how I would face the day, to a "normal sleeper" who feels knowledgable, empowered, and confident about my future sleep. Dr. Lynn was kind and empathic. He didn't blame me for my sleep issues or offer vague suggestions: he provided me with many different concrete tools and concepts to address my sleep problems. I was very apprehensive about the "group therapy" approach but I actually really enjoyed it. People were supportive to one another and we learned and laughed together. Dr. Lynn's program does require commitment and effort. To benefit, you have to put on the iron pants and do the hard work. I cannot recommend Dr. Lynn or his program more strongly. Fantastic doctor and a program that works.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2019

Why is the medical field missing this. Through the help of Dr. Lynn, his classes, teaching and knowledge he has helped me reduce my IBS symptoms, heartburn, my stress, my anxiety and last but not least my insomnia. This was +++15 years of searching for answers. Finally some relief. Still working at it and getting better. Got to do the homework. But that's the whole point in his teaching. We learn to change and take charge. This was fantastic. Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2019

Dr. Brian W. Lynn's Credentials

• McMaster University (Grad. 1988)