Ratings for Dr. Jonathan R. Hartman

Last year when I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, while I was relieved to learn that I didn't have cancer, I still had the feeling of a slow death sentence, an illness little known to me, and of not being in control of my health, in addition to a host of other concerns. The only time I got a little relief from FM, was when I took non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and that was pretty much all the time. Yet in spite of taking ibuprofen I was always in pain. I rarely slept as the pain was so intense, it would keep me up all night. I also worried about what the ibuprofen would do to my stomach. One time, over dinner with friends, with tears in my eyes, I was emboldened enough to tell them about my condition. As to be expected, my friends were very sympathetic, but at a loss as to what to reply. After all, FM is like a slow death sentence. But lo and behold, the next day I received an email from one of my friends telling me about Third Space Medical, and how they had helped her with a debilitating pain she'd suffered as a result of an accident. I kindly thanked my friend for her suggestion, and promised to give them a call. That was a Monday. I went in on Thursday and I was seen by Dr. Jonathan immediately. He took the time to listen to me and did a thorough evaluation of my condition. For some reason, I trusted Dr. Hartman when he promised to do everything in his power to get me up and moving again. The following week I started therapy at the FSM clinic in Ridgewood Ave. I would see Lisa, the PA, for muscle relaxants containing all natural drugs. After the muscle relaxants, I would follow with chiropractic manipulation by Dr. Jon, or vice-versa, and then with physical therapy in the adjacent room. Wow, this clinic offered everything I needed to get better and all within walking steps! I was also impressed with the kind and friendly staff, who do their best to make every patient feel special. Not only do they treat you medically, they also treat you as part of their family; and they always do so with a kind word and a smile on their face. It's been almost two months that I've been going to Third Space Medical and I can't say enough good things about this place and their professional staff. I highly recommend this place to anyone suffering from any type of pain. In my case they were Godsend--I had altogether given up on my case and had resigned myself to whatever years I had left, in pain and misery. I cried in silence whenever I thought about my 'death sentence'. But thank God the staff at TSM gave me a new lease on life. Dr. Jon explained that FM is basically pain which doctors haven't been able to identify its source. Pain can stem from any number of things: celiac from gluten foods, glucose intolerance, long-term injury that hasn't been treated properly (or not treated at all), and/or a host of other triggers. TSM's aim is to get to the root of your pain at their state-of-the-art facility through the use of all-natural muscle relaxants and up-to-the-minute chiropractic care, in conjunction with highly trained physical therapists who work closely with their patients to attain their optimal health. I feel 75 percent better then when I first came to TSM. I'm experiencing much less pain, much more mobility and flexibility, and about a 50 percent increase in energy levels. But more importantly, I don't see my condition as a death sentence anymore. I have renewed hope that with the right diet, continued exercise, and positive outlook, I can achieve a long and healthy life. Sincerely Sylvia Rivera. Sent from my iPhone

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

Thanks to Dr. Jonathan Hartman I am able once again to enjoy life with no restrictions. I have not felt this good in years! I am virtually pain free and loving it. My activity level is back to where it was years ago before I started suffering tremendous back, leg, and foot pain. Back surgery is no longer an issue! I could not be feeling this good without the patience and attention Dr. Hartman gave me over the past 5 months. He developed an individualized treatment plan for my particular needs that was altered daily or weekly as needed. His use of specialized training methods and advanced treatments were vital in my return to wellness. Every time I met with Dr. Hartman I always felt that my care and improved quality of health was as important to him as it was to me. He never wavered in his determination and dedication to improving my overall health. In addition, Dr. Hartman took time helping me to maintain a positive outlook toward the future. It took many months of intense treatments and a great deal of work but I am now able to live a full life. My overall health has improved tremendous and I am once again enjoying life to the fullest.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Amazing how so many were helped ???? My life has been ruined ....

Submitted February 14, 2015

Dr. Hartman cares about his patients and he works hard to find the right therapy or solution for them. He diagnosed me correctly when I sought a second opinion, after months of going in the wrong direction. He referred me to the right doctor for further treatment and has worked with me the last 6 months to improve my health. I will continue to work with him; he is personable, knows his trade and he presents solutions that make sense and are achievable.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

I was experiencing lower back pain for weeks and after one treatment with Dr. Hartman, I had immediate and lasting relief. I continue to see him on a regular basis and every treatment aids in my performance with physical activity whether it is my back, hamstrings or lats. I can't recommend Dr. Hartman enough.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

I was in a constant state of pain (lower back and sciatica) for over 3 months. As a doctor and surgeon, I was beginning to doubt if I would be able to continue working. My orthopedic back surgeon said I was looking at 3 spinal fusions. All conservative treatment had failed and I was miserable and disabled. Dr Hartman, using active release techniques and a high tech spinal decompession machine,rendered me pain free.His care,treatment and knowledge were superb. Five stars!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014

I had a very good experience with Dr Hartman and the team. Dr Hartman is extremely knowledgeable about the latest techniques. He always listens very intently to the problems and then creates the diagnoses. The program he follows requires effort on the patients part, but it works very effectively. They are very busy in that clinic, but Dr Hartman and his team always pay attention to each detail of the individual patient.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

For over 20 years I have visited many Dr's with my lower back issues. Dr. Hartman is one gifted individual; he takes his time explaining the situation and what needs to take place to get the final results. Words can't express how much better I am feeling working with Dr. Hartman. One thing I like to talk about is the entire staff; every single one of them is true professional, the PT department, wonderful individuals committed to helping everyone. I highly recommend everyone to visit Dr. Hartman you will not be disappointed!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Fantastic doctor! Too bad he's not in the Clifton office anymore. He treated me for my back and neck pain. He listens to the patient and is very warm and kind.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2012

Dr. Hartman ia amazing. I feel wonderful. He treats each patient as if they are a family member. What a wonderful bed-side manner!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2012