Ratings for Dr. Gaylord Albrecht

I have always had a bit of "white coat syndrome," but Dr. Albrecht totally helped me overcome my anxiety about medical care. He is so knowledgeable, and very patient about explaining options and giving you all the information you want. He really listens to you, and treats you based on the whole picture of your health, not just as a collection of individual, disconnected conditions. His nurse practitioners are wonderful and very caring, and the whole team is very well organized. It's also very convenient having the lab and most test facilities right in the building, and they always get back to you very quickly with results. We feel very lucky to be his patients!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

He is smart, knowledgeable, very personable and dedicated. He takes the time you need. We never feel rushed. We have every confidence in him. We are lucky to have such a good doctor.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Our family in Guelph/Waterloo are under the care of this very caring doctor since he joined the DRFMC in 2009. My sister was his second patient and consequently we changed doctors upon her high recommendation. If the allotted appointment is not to the exact time, it is certainly worth the few minutes extra wait. This is an indication of his dedication to all his patients. You are certainly never rushed. To sum up this review, I have never experienced a doctor so caring, with a great personality and ability to see the humor in everyday life's casualties!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

Our family has slowly moved over to Dr Albrecht practice. First my sister told my Mom that she had an excellent dr, then we moved my Dad over as his dr was incompetent and missed various issues with his health. Finally I moved over as I saw the exceptional care that my parents received, the attention, the hopefulness, the intelligence and the convenience of the practice (X-rays and blood work in the same building). Dr Albrecht is very special.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Dr. Albrecht is our family physician and he is excellent. Very down-to-earth, thorough and knowledgable. We've been squeezed in when urgent with wait times I feel average for a Dr's office.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I have moved out of Guelph and am struggling to find a family doctor that compares to Dr. Albrecht. I had an easy time making appointments to see him, and he took the time to hear my concerns at each visit. I highly recommend him!!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr. Albrecht is a great doctor! I have recommended him to family (who were taken on as patients) and friends. He never rushes you, listens to you, is understanding and takes the time to investigate, whether it is by running tests, and by reading up on things I have mentioned in relation to my personal case or my husband's (who is a complex patient). He is good humoured, caring, and a person I'm comfortable having take care of my health. His NP, Nurse and other staff are caring, everyone follows up in a timely fashion and are people that push you in and out quickly. He is a far cry from the 3 former doctors I've had in Guelph after moving here from Toronto. I highly recommend Dr. Albrecht!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

He was extremely unhelpful at every visit. Didn't bother telling me about my knee condition even though he knew what was wrong for over a year. Has given me the run round on every visit I've ever had. At least an hour wait after being called in. He threatened to ban me from the clinic, all the doctors and the after-hours clinic. I work tues-sat and he is off Monday and his np is always fully booked. I would never ever recommend him as a doctor to anyone, not even someone I hated.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

I moved to Guelph in September of 2010 and found Dr Albrecht. he took me in and was so kind and so helpful. he is a younger version of my previous doctor and I am so lucky to have him. He never rushes you and he does not just diagnose without proper tests before hand. I would recommend him highly to anyone who is looking. : )

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012

He was the first doctor who was able to figure out why I was in so much pain and always seemed to be in a fog. He takes fibromyalgia just as serious as any other disease such as chronic fatigue syndrome. He is a true expert in the area and highly recommend him to all those suffering with it.

Submitted April 13, 2012