Ratings for Dr. Walid Alhoussan

All he cares about is billing as much as possible. Does not care about any concerns and will write whatever prescription you want as quickly as possible than leave to move onto the next patient. Go to College Square for real medical advice as a walk in patient.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I went for a cough and was prescribed a strong antibiotic without any diagnosis. After finishing my antibiotics the cough came back so he prescribed a second antibiotic. My cough issue was never resolved. He performed a physical exam without washing his hands or wearing gloves. Very Unsanitary. Will never go back again.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2015

This doctor is TERRIBLE. You have 5 minutes with him no matter what issue you are discussing. Unless he is able to BILL the OHIP for a treatment...he will leave the office. He is all about the MONEY. MD for this guy stands for "Money Doctor". This doctor is the reason the medical system is failing, he should not be allowed to practice medicine. I understand he relocated from Quebec to Ontario because he was able to make more money. I would STRONGLY suggest waiting in the emergency room for 6 hours before spending 1 hour waiting for this guy. Why isn't the College of Physicians and Surgeons self-regulating and protecting the interests of patients better? It is time for all of us to stand up and remove these doctors who are only concerned about money - and NOT PATIENT CARE.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

Great Doctor, Had a hard time at first to understand him, after awhile you catch on to what he is saying , He has always been in a good mood with me. It is straight to the point in and out . That's the way it should be .

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

I was a walk-in for a prenatal appointment because I've just moved to ON from BC and don't have a family doctor here. They charge $60/appt for out of province cards, cash only (but the clinic at College Square only charges $40). It was 1.5 h wait which is expected for walk-in. He had absolutely no idea what he was doing, didn't understand anything I was talking about (he asked what the ultrasound result from my MISCARRIAGE was, thinking I was still pregnant from that PREVIOUS pregnancy). He printed out all my bloodwork forms with the WRONG patient name, then told me it was an accident because that woman's period was also late (given out patient info wth???) They faxed my u/s req off and I never got a call for an appointment, so I called them to follow up and they said "sometimes it takes a long time." I told the receptionist the u/s needs to be done by Fri (it was Tues) and she said to call back on Fri if I didn't have an appointment yet! So I said fine, I'll call back, and she said she would call the u/s place for me. On Fri, I called back, and she gave me the number for me to call myself (why didn't she just do this the first time???) So I called and they said they don't take calls from patients, only doctors. So I called her back and told her this and SHE TOLD ME TO CALL THE NUMBER AGAIN. I finally convinced her to call for me and she agreed but then hung up rudely. I still haven't heard back about my u/s and the last day I could get it was four days ago.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Very good human ,helpful , gentle and professional

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

I saw dr. Alhoussan when I was looking for a doctor to treat my unexplained ongoing cough, he was the only doctor who treated me after 3 years of suffering, since then he became our favorite for me and my ENTIRE FAMILY, he is very knowledgable, smart, polite and very very kind, A LOT of people who see him don't bother to come here write on their good experience thats why it is not fair for an excellent doctor like him to have this rating he deserves 10 stars not only five. Thank you Dr. Alhoussan for taking care of us, you are THE BEST. Frances, V. N

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

This doctor is extremely rude. He doesn't want his patients to use their own brains. If we express any concerns, he takes personally amd takes as an insult. He literally told us to leave his office and never to see him again !

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

I had been trying to find a doctor in Ottawa for a while now since my family doctor left the city, and after reading a lot of the negative comments about Dr. Alhoussan, I decided to check his clinic out just to see if all these complaints were true. Plus, I couldn't find anyone closer to me than his clinic, so I thought what the heck, I'll give him a try. And I was... Pleasantly surprised. The wait time was about 40 minutes, which made sense since I was a walk-in patient. The receptionist was very kind and helpful. I went in to see the doctor, and he was clear and concise and answered every question I asked him. Many of the complaints say that he was rude and wanted to get rid of you as soon as possible, but I didn't see it that way. If you're looking for a doctor to have small talk with, this is NOT the doctor for you. But if you walk in, tell him your symptoms straight up and don't waste his time with small talk and assumptions you found over Google, he gives you a straight up answer and genuine help. I came in for a rash on my stomach and leg pain. He gave me ointment for my rash, told me to wait the pain out, an sent me on my way. Miraculously, the pain WENT AWAY with time, and the ointment worked. He didn't tell me to wait it out because he isn't informed, he told me so because I guess that time was all it needed. We didn't have a chit chat about the weather or our favourite restaurant, because he's a doctor people, not a friend, this isn't about chit chat. He sent me on my way and it worked, that's all I gotta say. He's a quick doctor but he's straightforward, and I like that. If you're looking for a doctor who's actually a doctor and who doesn't like to waste his time with small talk before getting to the point, this is the doctor for you. He's extremely intelligent and he knows his stuff. I came to see him many more times after the first and I've never been dissapointed. He doesn't like small talk and suggestions on treatment because at the end of the day, he's the doctor and I'm not. That's all I gotta say. Extremely impressed and I recommend him to everybody who asks.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

Horrible experience, poor knowledge of medicine, unsanitary place, I did not see him wash his hands not even once, couldn't even give me a diagnosis, he even hinted to see another doctor because he didn't know the cause of a persistent caugh I have been suffering for weeks now...I took his advise and went to a real Doctor and she prescribe me something simple and over the counter. I think that Walid Alhoussan is a fake and impostor doctor which I wouldn't trust my health to...

flag | Submitted June 28, 2015

Dr. Walid Alhoussan's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "All he cares about is billing as much as possible. Does not care about any concerns and will write whatever prescription you want as quickly as possible than le..."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I went for a cough and was prescribed a strong antibiotic without any diagnosis. After finishing my antibiotics the cough came back so he prescribed a second an..."

December 25, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is TERRIBLE. You have 5 minutes with him no matter what issue you are discussing. Unless he is able to BILL the OHIP for a treatment...he will lea..."

December 11, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Great Doctor, Had a hard time at first to understand him, after awhile you catch on to what he is saying , He has always been in a good mood with me. It is stra..."

December 10, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I was a walk-in for a prenatal appointment because I've just moved to ON from BC and don't have a family doctor here. They charge $60/appt for out of province c..."

December 1, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Very good human ,helpful , gentle and professional "

November 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw dr. Alhoussan when I was looking for a doctor to treat my unexplained ongoing cough, he was the only doctor who treated me after 3 years of suffering, sin..."

September 22, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is extremely rude. He doesn't want his patients to use their own brains. If we express any concerns, he takes personally amd takes as an insult. He..."

September 4, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I had been trying to find a doctor in Ottawa for a while now since my family doctor left the city, and after reading a lot of the negative comments about Dr. Al..."

July 8, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Horrible experience, poor knowledge of medicine, unsanitary place, I did not see him wash his hands not even once, couldn't even give me a diagnosis, he even h..."

June 28, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.health-local.com/biz/walk-in-clinics/ottawa/ontario/sunrise-medical-clinic/". Postal Code has been updated from "K1A9" to "K2E 5P2". Address has been updated from "None" to "1460 Merivale Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16137277473".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "If you are looking for a good Dr. HE IS NOT, I came accross this site and wanted to see if I was the exception or the rule. I came to this dr. Due to palpitatio..."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Alhoussan more than a month ago in Loblaws clinc in Nepean for my flu symptoms, this is the first time I ever meet with him, he was such a nice doctor..."

April 20, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I was incredibly lucky to have such a bright, caring doctor in my life. Knowing him since 2011 always takes the time to listen no matter how busy his clinic is..."

April 1, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have the feeling that people who gave this I smart doctor very low rate which is in my opinion injustice are either on drugs (because he doesn't like to presc..."

April 1, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I will never set a foot in that place again, sure he can take both health cards but thats about it!...knowlagewise I don't beilive he is a smart dr. Bottom line..."

April 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very helpful and listened well. Speaks french and English. Accepts health cards from both provinces. Convenient hours."

February 28, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Idiot, I couldn't believe what I was reading. I will never set a foot in that place, I rather wait in an emergency room than going back there! That man must be ..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Wow, worst experiance ever. Never again will I be going back to that clinic...I wish I COULD HAVE SEEN THIS SITE BEFORE...SHAME, SHAME, SHAME!"

February 4, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "not intelligent , idiot ,not human ,useless doctor do not see him the worst ever"

January 12, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worst experiance ever, I won't be going back to that place, unsanitary he does not washes his hands after he is done with other patients, he was rude he couldn..."

December 28, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Unpleasant, he has no humanity, he doesn't spend enough time to care about his patients, not very clean( potentially disease spreader and creator) , he does no..."

October 17, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I will never go back to that person who calls him self a "Doctor"...RUDE LIKE NO OTHER, ONE ISSUE AT A TIME(so come back tomorrow for yhe next issue and the day..."

October 4, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "A SHAME TO HIPPOCRATIC OATH!!! THE WORST DR. EVER!!! QUEBEC PATIENTS STAY AWAY FROM HIM!!! HE IS ONLY INTERESTED IN THE MONEY!!! NO MANNERS WHAT SO EVER!!! RUDE..."

October 1, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is Simply Rude!! No Manners at all! He doesn't listen . I had to interrupt him to even let me speak?!! Very unhelpful !!! Worst experience ever. Es..."

September 26, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Alhoussan is the most respectful doc I have ever met. He really treats each person as an individual, and knows about you and your issues. He never makes you..."

September 13, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is the most talented doctor EVER, I have been running from apple clinic to apple clinic between Ottawa and Toronto area looking for an anwer to my headache, ..."

September 11, 2014