Ratings for Dr. Walid Alhoussan

Very Unsanitary. Will never go back again to this doctor

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

I agree with the previous statment that this doctor is "no joke" Three years i was suffering from unexplained weight loss, night sweats and fatigue, went throughout all cancer screening tests with no results and no cure!,, Last two weeks I was shopping near by and decided to enter his clinic hopping to find some answers!! after i told him few wards he asked me if they did the thyroid function test?? I was surprised (like what the heck he was talking about!!!) so he asked for it. He called me last week for follow up so I saw him again and left with a VERY SIMPLE explanation for ALL my suffering for the past three years and only one medication,,, one,,, no kidding ... He will follow up with me in three months i cant even descibed how releived I feel right now. Finally someone knows what he was doing.... I'll keep you posted.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

My neighbor went to see him last summer for ear infection but when he was examined her he saw a small wart he didn't like so he asked her if she would like it to be removed and sent to a pathologist, she agreed and thank God she did, the result came back for up normal tissues which could develop to very aggrisive cancer if stayed there (that what her dermatologist said when dr. Alhoussan refered her to) wooooow This doctor is no joke, he dosent have time for stupid stuff people!!! I will never change him even if he saw me for one second only because I know that if its serious he will take care of me. Period.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

Dr. Walid Alhoussan told us...i quote " adults can only get ear infections if it is accompanied by a cold" and seeing as how bacteria build up or dirty water can be just 2 other causes we got a second opinion and it was a middle ear infection which needed antibiotics. Simply put Dr. Walid is a moron, was blantantly WRONG and id advise finding another doctor as his misdiagnosis could have caused further damage such as hearing loss or worse. He does not have a clue and should have his license revoked. We will be telling EVERYONE WE KNOW about this awful doctor.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

All he cares about is billing as much as possible. Does not care about any concerns and will write whatever prescription you want as quickly as possible than leave to move onto the next patient. Go to College Square for real medical advice as a walk in patient.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I went for a cough and was prescribed a strong antibiotic without any diagnosis. After finishing my antibiotics the cough came back so he prescribed a second antibiotic. My cough issue was never resolved. He performed a physical exam without washing his hands or wearing gloves. Very Unsanitary. Will never go back again.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2015

This doctor is TERRIBLE. You have 5 minutes with him no matter what issue you are discussing. Unless he is able to BILL the OHIP for a treatment...he will leave the office. He is all about the MONEY. MD for this guy stands for "Money Doctor". This doctor is the reason the medical system is failing, he should not be allowed to practice medicine. I understand he relocated from Quebec to Ontario because he was able to make more money. I would STRONGLY suggest waiting in the emergency room for 6 hours before spending 1 hour waiting for this guy. Why isn't the College of Physicians and Surgeons self-regulating and protecting the interests of patients better? It is time for all of us to stand up and remove these doctors who are only concerned about money - and NOT PATIENT CARE.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

Great Doctor, Had a hard time at first to understand him, after awhile you catch on to what he is saying , He has always been in a good mood with me. It is straight to the point in and out . That's the way it should be .

Submitted December 10, 2015

I was a walk-in for a prenatal appointment because I've just moved to ON from BC and don't have a family doctor here. They charge $60/appt for out of province cards, cash only (but the clinic at College Square only charges $40). It was 1.5 h wait which is expected for walk-in. He had absolutely no idea what he was doing, didn't understand anything I was talking about (he asked what the ultrasound result from my MISCARRIAGE was, thinking I was still pregnant from that PREVIOUS pregnancy). He printed out all my bloodwork forms with the WRONG patient name, then told me it was an accident because that woman's period was also late (given out patient info wth???) They faxed my u/s req off and I never got a call for an appointment, so I called them to follow up and they said "sometimes it takes a long time." I told the receptionist the u/s needs to be done by Fri (it was Tues) and she said to call back on Fri if I didn't have an appointment yet! So I said fine, I'll call back, and she said she would call the u/s place for me. On Fri, I called back, and she gave me the number for me to call myself (why didn't she just do this the first time???) So I called and they said they don't take calls from patients, only doctors. So I called her back and told her this and SHE TOLD ME TO CALL THE NUMBER AGAIN. I finally convinced her to call for me and she agreed but then hung up rudely. I still haven't heard back about my u/s and the last day I could get it was four days ago.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015