Ratings for Dr. Francois Auclair

Phenomenal provider. I was originally treated by Dr. Auclair in 2010 during 10 mths of active tx. I have subsequently been followed by him and txd prophylactically intermittently since. As a primary health care provider myself, I must say this man is bar none. His clinical knowledge AND intuition are outstanding. He not only got me out of a life threatening situation, but has very successfully prevented subsequent re-occurrences. Compassionate beside manner, even taking the initiative to see I was referred for psychological attention after recognising I had symptoms of PTSD as a result of the accident that first landed me in his office. Bravo Dr.Auclair, you are simply the best at what you do.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

As the husband and primary care giver of a multiple cancer combatant and survivor, I have worked with a multitude of health care professionals over the last six years and although all doctors we have interacted with have been incredible in the care they provide, a few exceptional doctors stand out as brilliant and remarkable in the care they provide. Dr. Francois Auclair of the Infectious Disease (ID) team at the Ottawa Hospital Civic campus is one of those exceptional physicians and human beings who is responsible with caring for the most important person in my life. Over the course of a ten week treatment of a stubborn and dangerous infection, Dr. Auclair’s personality, knowledge, and abilities filled us with comfort and confidence, and his resourcefulness in treating the illness was successful. What was most appreciated was the non-stop follow up’s that Dr. Auclair scheduled during the course of treatment, we were never without an appointment for the next assessment, nor without the means to contact the ID Clinic for assistance when required. The best of care by the best of doctors (and staff). Thank you Dr. Auclair.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

I was admitted in October for a major infection that went to my heart and yes I dealt with a cardiologist which still am and Dr. Acclair treated the infection. He truly is a kind gentl man! He answered all questions, never made us feel rushed and I am seeing him in 2 weeks for a follow up!! He truly is worth getting him as your Dr. If you can!!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

I treated by Dr. Auclair and his team in late November to mid December 2016 for a staphylococcus Arius, because of his care and determination to find the diagnosis and get me on the correct antibiotics I have made almost a compete recovery .While in the hospital Dr. Auclair and his team checked on me regularly and would constantly monitor my progress. During follow up visits after I was released from the hospital he took the time to answer all my questions and was very professional. Thank you very much Dr F. Auclair .

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Dr. Francois Auclair saved my life! I had a surgical infection from Nov 2014 and the Plastic Surgeons kept dismissing it saying it was nothing until July 9th 2015 I was addmitted via emergency when my breast exploded with the infection. But the plastic surgeons told me I was fine and sending me home again with the same antibiotic I was on and off from Nov 2014 I insisted on seeing Dr. Auclair and it wasn't easy to get to see him I had to call patient advocacy and demanded I see him because I knew I was very sick and infected. Well Dr. Auclair took one look at me and my file and said obviously you are infected and not healing from your breast surgery from Oct 2014. He started me on the PICC Line antibiotics for 5 1/2 months and now on oral antibiotics. He is kind, knowledgeable and very thorough and listens to me and how I am feeling. He is the BEST OF THE BEST! I am grateful to Dr. Francois Auclair for saving my life!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Dr. Suck air treated my husband for a severe staph infection in his baby finger. His expertise, quick treatment and compassion saved the knuckle and after 2 months of treatment he is well on his way to recovery. Appointments were 2 hours away from our home, he and his staff were extremely flexible with timing. If ever we are in a similar situation, we hope we have Dr. Auclair as the physician.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

My father was treated by Dr. Auclair after having contracted bacterial meningitis. We couldn't be happier with his services. He was attentive, personable and very patient during this difficult time. During this 2 month ordeal, we saw numerous doctors and specialists, but this doctor stood out from the rest. His staff always got back to us right away, he was always on time and made sure to explain or answer any questions or concerns my father had. I'd recommend him any day.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

He is a great doctor. I had serious post-cesarean infection and Dr Auclair helped from the beginning. He was great in communicating every detail about my infection and rather then guessing the treatment for the infection, like most doctors do these days, he ordered MRI and based on the images, he followed my treatment. He is great doctor and I was happy to have as ID in my post-cesarean ordeal.His staff is awesome too. His secretary is great. Every time I left a message, I always got a call back from the office. Could not ask for me. I wish I had had same knowledgeable obstetrician.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011